Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Question for Truepoker CEO

[ QUOTE ]
Pokertracker support is definitely a criteria on my decision to play a site or not

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-01-2005, 10:44 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

It would be a huge factor for me; I'm much more likely to play at a site (other than just bonus whoring) if PT can read the hand histories. Also, the Party/skins method of storing them on the hard drive, so PT can load them while you're playing (without having to set up PT to download HHs periodically) is an even bigger plus.

-Mike
Old 02-02-2005, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I only play a sites that have support for hand histories that can be read off the local harddrive by Poker Tracker. Unfortunatly this currently means only Party and its affilates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crypto hand histories are also read from the local harddrive.

SF
Old 02-02-2005, 09:28 AM

i would think the fact that you may pick up sharks that have avoided your site because of no PT would more than make up for a faster fish-go-broke rate.

i would doubt that very much
Old 02-02-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Do only Party/Skins integrate with pokertracker ?

"Unfortunatly this currently means only Party and its affilates."

Is this accurate ? Only Party/Empire et cetera have pokertracker support currently ?

If so, do the "won't play without it" players play only there ?

(Thank you for the feedback, I will have to have the technical side look at the issue AND please be aware, any change like this, if we do it, will come after our current push to use/allow for decimals, i.e. chips smaller than $1.00.)

Truepoker CEO
Old 02-02-2005, 11:15 AM

Actually, my thought process is seldom that evolved. The question was a pretty generic one, but you do bring up a good issue ....
A couple of years ago, we formerly had left certain "inefficiencies" in place to make our site more "fish friendly" than the norm..... But, it seemed to have little positive effect.

We do try and attract newbie players and offer 4 FREE S&Gs for them, they can win up to $100 without any deposit required ... After that, they must fend for themselves in ring games.

To answer your general theme, I would love to pick up a critical mass of rake paying sharks or wanna-be sharks .... and would devote considerable resources to attracting fish.

Truepoker CEO
Old 02-02-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I only play a sites that have support for hand histories that can be read off the local harddrive by Poker Tracker. Unfortunatly this currently means only Party and its affilates.

[/ QUOTE ]

PT can easily import from the Pokerroom DB stored on the local hard drive.

Crypto hand histories are also read from the local harddrive.

SF

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-02-2005, 11:23 AM

Interesting, I think I will have a go at those SnGs.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Do only Party/Skins integrate with pokertracker ?

[ QUOTE ]
"Unfortunatly this currently means only Party and its affilates."

Is this accurate ? Only Party/Empire et cetera have pokertracker support currently ?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are mis-reading it TPCEO.
He said 'ability to read it off the hard-drive' which he erroneously thought was party-only. Actually crypto and pokerroom also implement the HH's on the hard-drive.

PTracker also works with other sites that don't just put the HH's on the hard-drive...you have to receive them via e-mail.
Sites such as Stars and UB and Absolute have HH's that they'll e-mail you and you can plug them into p-tracker. it just takes more effort.

When each individual hand is just put on your hard-drive like party does you just click a button and p-tracker reads each individual hand pretty much as it comes in and you automatically have real-time and constantly updated stats on all your opponents.

PTracker support is a DEFINITE consideration for me to play on a site as well.
UB HH's are harder to import to ptracker than party. If they changed this I bet I would actually play there every once in awhile.

Also - I've heard about (and seen a screen-shot in the mag-ad I think...or maybe a TV commercial) the various animations of the players at your site and how realistic looking it all is, etc.
I haven't been to your site so I don't know what it looks like or if there is an option to turn off the avatars or animation and just 'play the cards'. If there were no such option to turn off the avatars I can virtually guarantee I would never play there I don't know if I am in the extreme minority about this or not. Just something I thought I'd mention with regard to your site.

I think I can safely say though that if/when I decide to play at your site that your consistent presence and professionalism in this forum over the past several months would be a big reason why.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First I ever heard of this.

As far as I know, pokertracker has never contacted us. If they do so, we would look into what` would be required and whether it makes sense.

(I have no idea of the technical aspects of this however.)

I am interested in whether this change would be a plus in the view of our current and potential customers.

In any event, it would be a project behind some other changes in the works here.

Truepoker CEO

[/ QUOTE ]

I started my on-line career at Truepoker. I got Pokertracker back in July and have not played there since.

If your site supported Pokertracker I would "put you back in the rotation". I liked the site.

Three other suggestions:

1. Hand Histories directly to the hard drive.
2. Ajdusting the 1/2 blind structure. I don't play 1/2 anymore, but the blind structure there always irritated me.
3. Buddy list.