Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Chart - EV of Calling on the River... (is folding as bad as we think?)

I see now that I made some mathematical mistakes in my first post. I apologize for that (I understand what I did wrong). When I finished the chart and first looked at it it was an eye opener to me. I posted without really checking my math at all because I was kind of excited by what I saw.

Prior to doing this chart I understood that folding the river wasn't as bad as it was made out to be - that much was always obvious to me, but I did not know that mistakes in both directions were equal in expectation until I saw this chart. I also did not realize how big of a magnitude these mistakes are.

This chart, and this thread, has prompted me to really focus on making good river decisions (bet, call, raise, fold). I think I became complacent over the past year because of all of the dogmatic rhetoric on these boards. That is my fault though.

I have a lot of areas of my game where I can improve (last night I played horrible) and river decisions is definitely one of those areas. I wish I was better able to focus on these areas and make more improvements in my game rather than passively coasting along at a pathetic winrate.

Lots of good discussion generated in this thread though, so I'm glad I posted it.

BTW, I folded two big pots last night that I would have won and think both of my decisions were "good", until about 10 minutes later when my opponents were no longer unknown and were both horrible donks. We always remember those big pots... maybe I'll start calling more. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]