Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Where do you stop it?

Problem is, he actually might have a little something and you won't scare him out of the pot. Moreover, he might be using PA that shows your mucked cards immediatly and then he can see, that you badly tried to bluff him into something. Latest point to stop here was after he called the turn bet, IMO. He didn't believe you. That's just it. So give it up early enough. Why should he fold to the river bet after calling so much? That's the way calling-stations are likely to think.

Regards.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he doesn't seem to have a decent showdown hand after he limped UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are putting too much emphasis on this simple fact. Yesterday I raised flop from the CO with AQo, had to abandon it on the flop and someone won with a freak fullhouse that he filled on the turn and river with 84o from UTG or something. Then he actually posted in the chat-window: "You see? That's why it's silly to raise pre-flop."
People call down with TPTK and straights. Why do you think he has no hand at all? Despite it is 6max, he might even choose to limp with a small PP.
I don't understand why you are so confident about that. Especially without reads.

Regards
Old 09-02-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Problem is, he actually might have a little something and you won't scare him out of the pot. Moreover, he might be using PA that shows your mucked cards immediatly and then he can see, that you badly tried to bluff him into something. Latest point to stop here was after he called the turn bet, IMO. He didn't believe you. That's just it. So give it up early enough. Why should he fold to the river bet after calling so much? That's the way calling-stations are likely to think.

Regards.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can't see mucked cards if he folds.

Betting the river is essential:
1) He didn't show any strength so it is more likely he's on a draw (flush, overcardsetc) and plans to fold UI.
2) There is no way to take the pot without betting (unless he has 43)
3) You need to be successful 1 out of 5 times
Old 09-02-2005, 11:33 PM

I'm just wondering why you ask a question when you make a post then shoot down everyone with your own theory when they disagree with the line you took?

Seriously, if you're convinced you did the right thing and don't want to hear that this pure bluff might not have been correct, don't post it.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not any reads. Seems like the average loose 1/2-6max player

[/ QUOTE ]

Steal *AFTER* you get the read.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just wondering why you ask a question when you make a post then shoot down everyone with your own theory when they disagree with the line you took?

Seriously, if you're convinced you did the right thing and don't want to hear that this pure bluff might not have been correct, don't post it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the hell are you?
I'm not shooting down anyone. This is a forum and Im trying to have a discussion. If you have something useful to contribute please go ahead. If you only have nonsense then please find another forum
Old 09-03-2005, 12:01 AM

A steal would more likely be to check-raise the flop, or lead the turn if he checks behind on flop. This looks like a weak flush draw that you played badly and I'd call you down with just about any hand i'd limp UTG.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A steal would more likely be to check-raise the flop, or lead the turn if he checks behind on flop. This looks like a weak flush draw that you played badly and I'd call you down with just about any hand i'd limp UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Open-limping at 6-max? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2005, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Open-limping at 6-max? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's bad isnt it? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2005, 12:09 AM

This is purely read dependent, no stats on PT will give u the right numbers to come up with the right answer...

It's all about how you fee about the player