Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 02:46 PM

Default standard except I already know that villian is tight passive

Villian is tight passive

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>,

I raise to get rid of the SB. On river, I plan on taking a free card if given and folding if bet into.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Re: standard except I already know that villian is tight passive

I would raise the flop. Small blind is going to call if he has a king and you raising to get rid of him is not really a reason to be raising. If you are ahead he has a few outs to improve. I guess you plan on getting a free showdown, so you think he has a king? If this is the case then i would raise the flop and since he is a tight passive i would bet the turn and check behind on the river. this way you are putting in 2bb after the flop as opposed to 2.5bbs the way you played it. Him being tight passive and betting into you prolly means he has a king so i try to see a showdown with as little as possible.