Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 12:37 PM

Default blind steal gone wrong

Testing the waters at 2/4. Table has been pretty tight.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

After getting 3 bet this as good as a flop as I could hope for. I call to see what the turn brings, maybe should have raised.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

I have top pair and my flush draw so I raise.

River: (8.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

I make my flush but he 3 bets. I call not knowing where I am.
Final Pot: 14.50 BB
Old 11-19-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: blind steal gone wrong

I play it the exact same way - nh
Old 11-19-2005, 01:04 PM

I'd be inclined to semi bluff raise that flop. I think you would hear more from him on the turn if he had a 5. I like the river.

NH
Old 11-19-2005, 03:17 PM

Was SB very tight as well? Without super precise reads I would raise the flop a lot of times and cap the river 100% of times.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:25 PM

4 bet the river (even if it's not a cap)
Old 11-19-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be inclined to semi bluff raise that flop. I think you would hear more from him on the turn if he had a 5. I like the river.

NH

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a semi-bluff raise on the turn would have a better chance at folding out his AK-AT, no? Of course, we hit our 8 so it didn't end up mattering.
This hand is fine.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was SB very tight as well? Without super precise reads I would raise the flop a lot of times and cap the river 100% of times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Capping the river makes little to no sense. He only called the turn raise, but is now bet/3-betting the river on a card that could have only improved his hand to a boat or higher-flush.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:33 PM

Preflop: no worries.

Flop: I dunno why people are saying raise this. You have 6 not-great outs to top pair, and another 9 to a weak flush...not enough to raise for value, and I doubt you're folding a preflop defender for one more bet.

Turn: you made top pair, and SB doesn't care. I think I just call, here, unless SB is a really loose defender.

River: you made your flush, and SB donk-bets. I either just call this, or cap it, depending on my read. I think you're more likely to be shown a straight or A5 than a higher flush, but with the paired board a boat is possible, too, maybe 65.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Capping the river makes little to no sense. He only called the turn raise, but is now bet/3-betting the river on a card that could have only improved his hand to a boat or higher-flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands is he 3-betting PF with that make him a boat on the river? Maybe 66. And add a slowplayed 88.
The river cap costs 1 BB and we need to be ahead 50% of times. I can see losing to a higher flush (ATs+, KQs) or 88 and less likely 66. I can see us being ahead of 77, maybe A7 and the usual suspects AA,KK,QQ.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: I dunno why people are saying raise this. You have 6 not-great outs to top pair, and another 9 to a weak flush...not enough to raise for value, and I doubt you're folding a preflop defender for one more bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Free card or steal on the turn.