Thanksgiving 22 45.83%
Halloween 4 8.33%
July 4th 12 25.00%
New Year's 10 20.83%
Labor Day Weekend 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2005, 01:24 PM

Default FF Week 16 Finals starters

All right everyone, this is it. Please help me decide who I should start in the finals this week. It's a fun league, but bragging rights are worth fighting for. Votes are appreciated, explanations behind votes are even more appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ScottieK
Old 12-21-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: FF Week 16 Finals starters

Every one of these is painfully obvious. Do you really think you need help, let alone detailed explanations?
Old 12-21-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every one of these is painfully obvious. Do you really think you need help, let alone detailed explanations?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I just want a second opinion. Here's what I'm thinking.

Brady
Barber, Dillon
Burress, Wayne, Housh
Shockey
Graham
Denver

ScottieK
Old 12-21-2005, 02:50 PM

I have also reached the finals all of my decisions are pretty easy except the one of whether to start Manning or not. In recent weeks I have picked up B. Johnson, J. Garcia, and D. Garrard out of those 3 Garrard is the best start I feel this week as he has the best matchup. However, should I start Manning and take my chances he only plays a quarter or 2 but still puts up about the same amount of points Garrard will against the Texans? So help me out forum....Manning @ SEA or Garrard @ HOU?
Old 12-22-2005, 12:15 PM

Tough choice. Manning may not play a lot, and Jacksonville may only do what's necessary to beat an overmatched Houston team (meaning Garrard may not throw a lot, but he should get in a TD or two against that secondary.) You should get four quarters out of Garrard, so I'd go with him. GL

ScottieK
Old 12-22-2005, 12:21 PM

Default Interesting WR\'s available

Well I checked the waiver wire, and here's what I've got:

WR
Bobby Engram SEA (vs. IND)
Mark Clayton BAL (vs. MIN)

Thinking to sub in one of these for Wayne, because he may sit and I don't like going with Driver. What's my line? Thanks to all for humoring me.

ScottieK
Old 12-22-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Interesting WR\'s available

If those are your only options, Go with clayton. Hes been good recently.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:28 PM

Those are the only two I like...others are Bryant CLE vs PIT, K Robinson MIN @ BAL, and Bennett TEN @ MIA. I picked up Engram for Driver, but I doubt anyone in my league is going to get Clayton or anyone else. Thoughts?

ScottieK
Old 12-22-2005, 11:25 PM

Bennett. If bollinger can have a career day against the fins, I would expect Steve Mcnair to atleast throw for two touchdowns. TEN has nothing to lose. Go with Bennett, If hes healthy.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:33 PM

Default WR\'s, K\'s and DEF

[ QUOTE ]
Bennett. If bollinger can have a career day against the fins, I would expect Steve Mcnair to atleast throw for two touchdowns. TEN has nothing to lose. Go with Bennett, If hes healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bennett is expected to play and is still available. I'll think about it.

Rackers, huh? After the Cards lost to the Texans and don't have a QB? Sounds like a 10-7 game to me. Thinking Shayne's gonna get a lot of extra points against Buffalo, maybe a FG or two. Usually the diff between these two kickers is three points or whatever.

Defense - I could go with either, heck I may just flip a coin. Of course, Denver's in the playoffs and Pittsburgh's fighting for a wild card spot, so they'll come to play. But if Denver wins, they clinch AFC west and could get a bye if KC beats SD. Denver's at home, Pit's in Cleveland...and the diff between these two is even less than the kickers.

Will let you know how it turns out. Thanks!

ScottieK