Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-21-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: 109: KQo hand

Given The preflop CO raise and weakish flop bet, the BB doesn't need much of a hand to check raise here. If I were the BB, I would be expecting CO to hold hands which will fold to my BB Check Raise (med. prs, Ax, etc) a large % of the time. Given the action so far I'm going to the felt with my CO KQ.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You got what you asked for....

[/ QUOTE ]

Why so foreboding? If you would usually bet more on the flop when checked to, please say so rather than guessing at the results of the hand or how I felt about being raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Foreboding, that was not my intent. I think that AK makes this play, as well as other Kx and non Kx hands, depending on how tricky villain is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Scuba, villain probably has a K so go ahead and push.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise t125 preflop, because you don't mind them calling, you will have position anyway. I'd also raise that with any premium hand as well here. On flop I would bet slightly more (about 2/3rds pot), and probably fold to the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think we miss value by not raising 3x bb w/ premium holdings? A larger raise shoudl discourage the blinds defending.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I play preflop the same. I'd bet more on the flop though. I think you have to push the flop since you made such a weakish bet.

EDIT: At the 55s I like to open shove a flop like this. People call with tons of garbage "protecting their blind". I dunno if this is any different at the 109s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Open push with only 350 in the pot? Well, that seems a bit extreme to me, considering you have over 750 left. I don't really like that line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they are advising pushing after the raise to t425.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise t125 preflop, because you don't mind them calling, you will have position anyway. I'd also raise that with any premium hand as well here. On flop I would bet slightly more (about 2/3rds pot), and probably fold to the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you would fold after betting 225, leaving about 525 behind? The only hand i'm afraid of here is AK, as a set is unlikely. If the BB is the average 109er, he could've called this with KQ, KJ, KT, TT-QQ and thought the Hero was weak after his flop bet. I don't think I'm folding here.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:15 PM

I'd definitely push here. Your weak lead was begging to get raised by a ton of hands.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:39 PM

I fold this preflop most of the time. If I suspect BB will fold to a raise, I raise between 150-200. I disagree with the "bet 125 because you don't mind a call". With the blinds still this low you do not want to get tangled up with a KQo. Too many hands can bust you...

Post flop I bet the pot. The bet you made is way too weak and like other posters have said is begging for the reraise. The reraise puts you in a tough position, but my read on the situation is that the BB is just protecting his blinds and is putting you on a complete steal. I push over the top of his raise. Most likely he has Kx or middle pair. AK would have gotten a reraise preflop and like someone else said already, a set is unlikely.