Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2005, 04:21 AM

Default Re: Why small stakes players should move up in limit as soon as possible.

Well no my bankroll is doing fine. About a month ago my computer crashed so I lost my old poker trackers and decided to start my new poker trackers beginning at 2/4 to see if I would find any leaks to plug or ways to improve my win rate.

I like the idea about playing short handed. About a year after I started playing short handed mostly 10/20 and you can definately make absurd amounts of money considering many players will bluff bet up to and including the river, and the average hand is much weaker, so running into AA and KK is much less likely. Be warned you can't wait for premium hands though, and the downswings are worse also.

Look I did learn quickly, but I spent a lot of time studying the game. Reading every book i could, replaying every hand I though i missed a bet or should have gotten away from, and reviewing the majority of hands I had on pokertrackers. IF THAT'S NOT WHO YOU ARE WHY ARE U ON THIS SITE POSTING? If you take the time to post and read other peoples you should be taking the game seriously.

I'm not saying everyone should move up now, but SPENDING A YEAR OR 2 PLAYING LOW LIMIT IS TO MUCH, and if you can't beat a low limit game after a solid year that you truly studied the game you should quit the game it's not for you, play recreationally but not to make money.

And when I first moved up I had days when I got swatted, but U CAN MOVE BACK DOWN, at least playing higher limits from time to time.