Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 11:53 PM

Default 25NL : AA on monotone board - what\'s ,my line

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($25.55)
BB ($43.10)
UTG ($5.30)
Button ($27.77)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.10.
1 fold, Button calls $0.25, Hero (poster) raises to $1.2, 1 fold, Button calls $1.05.

Flop: ($2.85) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets $2, Button calls $2.

Turn: ($6.85) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets $4, Button raises to $8

I really despise these stupid miniraise situations that I tend to see just about every hand at the 25NL and 50NL. Sometimes it means nuts other times it means air. Anyways, with that said do I 3 bet this (all in) or flat call and re-evaluate turn.

I considered myself to have 9 hearts - 2 aces - 4 4s totalling at 15 outs vs. a set. Even more outs vs. 2 pair (counterfit it) but only 7 outs to a made flush which seemed like a very likely holding.

I moved all in as a 'semi-bluff' i guess you could call it but do you think there's a better line?
Old 12-09-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: 25NL : AA on monotone board - what\'s ,my line

I'd bet the full pot $3 on the flop and more again on the turn, as it is you could look like AK betting less than the pot both times. If minraised on the turn there I would lean towards pushing, you do have the Ah.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:01 AM

What are you semi bluffing? A set? Not a very likely holding...
Old 12-09-2005, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet the full pot $3 on the flop and more again on the turn, as it is you could look like AK betting less than the pot both times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. You don't want to mislead your opponent? I think betting the pot both streets makes your hand way too obvious.

Anyway, I call and reevaluate the river here. Shoving basically just allows your opponent to play perfectly.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:25 AM

Well if you want him to think you have AK then that is fine, however I think if you play it strongly you may make your hand more obvious but that minraise on turn means you are against a strong hand not worried by an overpair.

Actually, thinking about it again, calling on the turn and seeing what falls on the river makes much more sense.