Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 03:10 AM

Default An interesting 6max hand with another 2+2 at the table.(HC or NC)

Cleaning a bonus and I'm at a 6-max table with fellow 2+2'er TomBrooks. Table is basically loose-passive.

Villian in this hand is TomBrooks.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Easy call here.

Flop: (10 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

SB checks, <font color="#CC3333"> Hero checks</font>,MP bets, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls.

I was thinking of betting out to reduce the field, so I have more outs if I hit my hand if Tom just has AK here, but I decide to check to him and see if I should call or raise (for +EV). Well, the whole table called, so I c'r.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button folds, SB folds.

Turn pairs the top card and brings me more outs in spades. I figure to continue with the aggression. I almost checked here.

River: (10 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Double paired board, only 1 way to win and a high likelyhood that he has AK/AQ or has a higher pair then the board (semi-likely)

Discuss [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Re: An interesting 6max hand with another 2+2 at the table.(HC or NC)

Flop, meh. Thing I dislike about check/raising here is it's awkward when you have to check the turn to them and announce your hand. Turn bet seems like it should be good but I don't love your chances of taking it down. River bet is good I suppose, but I don't necessarily like Tom's turn call (or flop bet).
Old 11-18-2005, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop, meh. Thing I dislike about check/raising here is it's awkward when you have to check the turn to them and announce your hand. Turn bet seems like it should be good but I don't love your chances of taking it down. River bet is good I suppose, but I don't necessarily like Tom's turn call (or flop bet).

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop, I think is standard because it's the most +EV play. Even if Tom 3 bets, and get's it HU between him and I, it seems like a fine play.

I really don't mind announcing my hand when/if I check the turn. Most of the time, it doesn't matter.

Turn bet, I was thinking it was for value since I improve to a straight/flush 30% and they might all call again.

Once the river was just HU and it double paired, I figured he'd lay down every A and a higher pair (again unlikely)
Old 11-18-2005, 03:54 AM

I like your play. Vnh. The river bet is maybe the weakest but it worked so... It is a great example though for ppl to reconsider folding too often to a river bet when HU in a big pot.