Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 06:06 PM

Default WIlson turbo Omaha/8 software

Can anyone tell me if this software is any good? Does anyone know if there are any other programs out there besides Texas Calculatem that have the autoread feature where it actually watches real games you play, instead of simulations, and gives odds and recommendations for your play???
Old 04-01-2005, 01:23 AM

Default Re: WIlson turbo Omaha/8 software

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone tell me if this software is any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Scorpius - I use WIlson turbo Omaha/8 software almost exclusively for simulations.

In my humble opinion, used for that purpose alone, it is wonderful, well worth the price.

But in addition, you can vary the type of opponent you face, practice your game, and get advice on how to play.

Buzz
Old 04-01-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Re: WIlson turbo Omaha/8 software

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone tell me if this software is any good? Does anyone know if there are any other programs out there besides Texas Calculatem that have the autoread feature where it actually watches real games you play, instead of simulations, and gives odds and recommendations for your play???

[/ QUOTE ]

There's also a book called 'Omaha High-Low: Play to Win with the Odds' by Bill Boston. He ran an exhaustive series of tests on starting hands using the Wilson software and published the results in table form in the book. Essentially every starting hand is covered (5278 hands), and the proceeds benefit cancer research.