Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2005, 11:27 PM

Default 3/6 NL at the Circus: Doyle\'s Room

Thought Id post a hand since I havent in forever.

Doyles Room 3/6 NL

I have $480 or so, am one off the button with ATd

One limper in EP, seems weak, has $600.

KenBoy raises in early-middle position to $30. Tonight Ive seen him do this with hands as marginal as A6 and as strong as big pairs.

One caller to me I have him covered.

I call and limper calls. 4 way to the flop.

Ac 4s 3d

checks around to me I check also.

Turn is the Tc.

Weak Limper bets $95. KenBoy cold calls. I think for most of my time and make it $200 straight. They both cold call.

River is 6h, checked to me I go all in they both fold! I take down the $700 pot for $250 with no show.

So my thoughts:

This is an odd spot for me preflop but as KenBoy has been stacking off with 2nd pair on a paired board and raising with trash often I feel I can make the call and get away from an Ace if need be (based on the limper), and thus my flop check. The turn plays itself easily, but should I have raised more? On the river I could not believe noone called me based on the pot size. What do you guys think?

Results: <font color="white"> KenBoy claims to have had 55 for a 6 outer on the turn, the other player would not respond to my query. </font>
Old 03-15-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Re: 3/6 NL at the Circus: Doyle\'s Room

There's about $320 in the pot on the turn when it gets to you, you're raise is $100 on top, which should be giving them 5:1 odds. I think you can easily make it $250 here and still get calls, and if not well they are folding on the river anyway.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:25 AM

to be honest i could not put them on hands that should call a big raise that i would be ahead of, but i obviously couldnt just call.

i think i was hoping for a bigger ace push, which didnt happen of course. high point means this makes my preflop call fully correct which i thought was ironic and the interesting aspect of this hand for me.

i do have a problem not raising enough with cards to come though...
Old 03-16-2005, 01:33 AM

i wish anyone could help me figure out what that clown called $100 more with on the turn and then folded to a third of the pot with. sigh.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i wish anyone could help me figure out what that clown called $100 more with on the turn and then folded to a third of the pot with. sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

how about KQ of clubs?
you checked the flop, he picks up a big draw on the turn, makes a bad call, misses, then check folds.
seems simple enough.