Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 06:45 AM

Default Re: How do you put in the hours?

The higher the limits, the more winning means I think. The more you enjoy it too.

Its like, you steal a blind at 1-2 its like mmmm a pop. You steal blinds at 10-20 its like dinner.

You steal at 100-200 its like you stole gawdamn christmas
Old 12-21-2005, 06:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The higher the limits, the more winning means I think. The more you enjoy it too.

Its like, you steal a blind at 1-2 its like mmmm a pop. You steal blinds at 10-20 its like dinner.

You steal at 100-200 its like you stole gawdamn christmas

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, nice.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:31 AM

Hey I sorta understand what you mean. For the longest time I would just play 8 $22's a day, and crush'em for a good profit. I had no desire to play more, or less and was content. I was constantly thinking I should play more to see if I can keep up my rate, and make more money.

Eventually I just started playing more multi table tournaments, and that's where I am today.

Try to learn a new game, limit omaha hi/lo is great, or you could try out tournaments. Poker's great cause of the variety, try something new!
Old 12-21-2005, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing online poker, for me, it's quite boring. I can't play for more than 1-2 hours without being bored out of my mind. I usually 4 table low-limit games (.5/1) and I do quite well (running at around 5BB/100 over 10K), however, I don't put in the amount of hours that I should (if I'm lucky, I put in 8 hours a week).

So 2+2'ers, any suggestions on how to put in the hours without getting bored?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're bored because you aren't being challenged anymore. Move up
Old 12-21-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey I sorta understand what you mean. For the longest time I would just play 8 $22's a day, and crush'em for a good profit. I had no desire to play more, or less and was content. I was constantly thinking I should play more to see if I can keep up my rate, and make more money.

Eventually I just started playing more multi table tournaments, and that's where I am today.

Try to learn a new game, limit omaha hi/lo is great, or you could try out tournaments. Poker's great cause of the variety, try something new!

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Learning a new game while I continued to play No Limit Hold Em really made me play for more hours. Now when I have learned how to play good limit poker I change between the two styles and its great since I can easily sit for sessions above 2k hands and never get bored, just wanting to play more and more.

But if you can't play more than 2 hours in a row don't play anymore. It will just affect your game. Play for 2 hours, go for a walk or something you enjoy, then come back feeling the urge to want to play some more. That helps alot too. I go and play some XBox or go visit a friend if I ever find myself bored of the game. We usually end up talking poker and that really get me the urge back.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:40 PM

Sometimes I can squeeze in a half hour to 45 minutes in the morning before I go to work, and occasionally half an hour after work. Keeps it light and adds up over time.

If you're bored playing at those limits, maybe move up or try another game?

ScottieK
Old 12-21-2005, 02:55 PM

Like others said, you probably need to move up to make things more exciting. If that doesn't work, play naked and tell people, see what they say.