Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Stupid Call? 34o in BB.

[ QUOTE ]
Shoving any 2 in his spot is pretty dumb. He should be pushing the top 30% with just over 3bb left. It is a really thin +EV call against any 2, but if you are wrong and he is pushing less then it is a fold. Your calling range here should be really wide, but I would fold this hand fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about when BB will call your button pushes with ANY 2. Still -ev when you can't push hands like 96?
Old 12-14-2005, 07:25 PM

Sykes, stop it. If you call with 43o here, you're really, really dumb.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sykes, stop it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying we been had? Dammit!
Old 12-14-2005, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sykes, stop it. If you call with 43o here, you're really, really dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I'm dumb.

Sorry, I'll fold next time.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:02 PM

See, thing is even if this is marginally some kind of "estimated" EV here, you're forgetting that the EV of folding is increased, because the SB (button next hand) still remains the short stack, and your FE over the current button will be pretty large, enabling you to still push quite a large range of hands into his BB if/when folded to. Basically, you can find a better spot than this..
Old 12-14-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
See, thing is even if this is marginally some kind of "estimated" EV here, you're forgetting that the EV of folding is increased, because the SB (button next hand) still remains the short stack, and your FE over the current button will be pretty large, enabling you to still push quite a large range of hands into his BB if/when folded to. Basically, you can find a better spot than this..

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, good point.

I figured that calling was best because I couldn't push the next hand because BB would call with any 2 cards.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, good point.

I figured that calling was best because I couldn't push the next hand because BB would call with any 2 cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly suggest looking into ITM push theory. If you fold here, you should be pushing ~80% of your hands on the next deal. Unless you know he is going to call you really wide, you need to be pushing a ton from the SB (and the button too) with the size of these blinds. Even if he told you he was calling 100% of the time next hand, you would still push over 50% of the time.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:57 PM

I also really doubt he will call with any two cards! He'll still have about 6k left if he folds, and that's a whole lot, I certainly wouldn't call with anything like that much of a range in his shoes.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also really doubt he will call with any two cards! He'll still have about 6k left if he folds, and that's a whole lot, I certainly wouldn't call with anything like that much of a range in his shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tiger, He called my all in when I pushed on the button last hand with 35 (I had 6k, he had 12K), so yes, he's calling with any 2.

Just to prove this point.

After I lost this hand, I pushed with K5s only to get called with 42o, So yes, he was calling with any 2.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:52 PM

Oh well, he's a fool then! You should love to be pushing into him because that's hugely +$EV for you if he's calling like that, rather than call here which if it's +$EV at all it's like barely and only theoretically at that.