Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 04:08 AM

Default Introducing The Call Steal.

I've been playing w/ this line some, it works like a charm.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#666666">BB folds</font>.

Final Pot: 1 BB

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Re: Introducing The Call Steal.

i have successfully pulled this one off many times in the party 5 SH.

BTW/ must be incredible to play in a game where opencompleting in the sb works, but i still think this hand is too bad unless the BB is v horrible.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

BTW/ must be incredible to play in a game where opencompleting in the sb works, but i still think this hand is too bad unless the BB is v horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try limp-autobetting with hands like this, it works vs all of sorts of opponents (multi-tabling tags included)
Old 11-16-2005, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree it works great, and i think T6 is prob enough.. T6s and T7o are automatic plays, so...

im just saying in the games i play the BB will raise a complete about 80% so completing w/ garbage is def a loser.

Try limp-autobetting with hands like this, it works vs all of sorts of opponents (multi-tabling tags included)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-16-2005, 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are investing 1.5SB to win 3SB if u autobet flop. At 10/20 and up its tricky because BB will so often autoraise preflop if u limp. And since u will be raised sometimes preflop this has to work +50% on flop when he only checks preflop.

Not saying it doesnt work, but I would prefer a read on BB or a better hand.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are investing 1.5SB to win 3SB if u autobet flop. At 10/20 and up its tricky because BB will so often autoraise preflop if u limp. And since u will be raised sometimes preflop this has to work +50% on flop when he only checks preflop.

Not saying it doesnt work, but I would prefer a read on BB or a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only do it with reads. When I'm up against LP's, TP's, or generally weak-postflop players, I'm doing it. I also use it when I percieve i'm up against an "unimaginative TAG".

You also show +EV postflop when you flop a worthwhile hand (TP or better) unless you're against a tag. With these hands (and other particular flops) you can actually not auto-bet, and it adds a whole dimension to your game.

I use it in the 5/10. I wouldn't be surprised if it was less effective at 10/20.

edit: Also: If you do it against someone once or twice and they raise you preflop both times (I've had this happen with opponents who's stats don't suggest they'd be raising you here without quality), you can setup a nice hand by limping with AA there. I've only pulled this off once, but IIRC he gave me way more action than he would have if I had raised preflop, because he suspected I was screwing with him postflop.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:03 AM

Against many TAGS, I've pulled off the complete/3-bet with my AA-QQ holdings. They always auto-raise the complete and then I 3-bet. They are so curious that they'll call down to see what I had. Then again, it's only 2/4 and the TAGs are only as good as me, which isn't very good at all. Plus, this has only happened 6 times.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:51 PM

i love the complete from SB autobet the flop line and i use it regularly.

i coin it "thejoshua". ie: "omg i just joshed this guy."
Old 11-16-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BTW/ must be incredible to play in a game where opencompleting in the sb works,

[/ QUOTE ]

Opencompleting works well in a lot of situations where you're up against a BB who 3-bets openraises a lot and you've got a hand that's good enough to see a flop with. I'd fold T6o, but I'll complete hands that are good hands when my folding equity isn't increased significantly due to the raise and the value is marginal (T8s, 87s-type hands).

Rob