Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 10:49 PM

Default QTo in BB(1/2 6 Max)

Only 34 hands on villian, haven't seen him showdown a hand. Has raised every played hand PF(12 Hands).

1/2 6-Max:

Dealt to Hero Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG Folds, MP1 Calls, CO Calls, <font color="red">villian Raises</font>, SB Calls, Hero Calls,
MP1 Calls, CO Calls.

FLOP Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (11sb)

SB Checks, Hero Bets, MP1 Folds, CO Folds, <font color="red">villian Raises</font>, SB calls, hero Calls.

<font color="green"> Meh [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Should have checkraised this flop, given villians raise correct?</font>

TURN 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img](9.5BB)

SB Checks, hero checks, villian bets, SB calls, <font color="red">hero raises</font>, villian calls, SB calls.

<font color="green">Bad?</font>

RIVER 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img](15.5BB)

SB checks, hero checks, villian checks.

Fire away folks, I think I played this horribly. Also, I apologize if any of the action or pot sizes are skewed, I had to punch this out manually...think I got it right though.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Re: QTo in BB(1/2 6 Max)

I don't really mind the flop lead here - this board is pretty drawless. I'm a little worried about SB cold calling, but I lead the turn and see what happens after SB checks. Checking allows villian to take a free card and to get off cheaply with a hand like AK.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:06 PM

SB is a complete wet rag. Why I didn't mention him.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:10 PM

I typically check raise in a hand like this where I have a vulnerable holding. Good chance to knock out MP1 and CO.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:11 PM

yes, check raise the flop. always take advantage of the preflop raiser autobetting the flop. the fact that he raised 12 hands in a row preflop tells me that unless he's had an ungodly streak of cards, he's being a dumbass.

this pot is big, i have a good hand on the flop against a guy who will autobet but not autoraise the flop. how do i choose to get two bets in on the flop? by check raising. ignoring that, your bet acts as a trap for MP1 and CO to make loose flop calls with hands you really want them to be folding (and it doesn't necessarily mean that they will be putting in two bets with them, because like i said earlier, the retard might not raise).

Edit: had to edit something. l ol ol ol ol
Old 10-13-2005, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I typically check raise in a hand like this where I have a vulnerable holding. Good chance to knock out MP1 and CO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a good point. If our opponents have hands like J3 or A4 they will fold for 2 but peel for 1 giving them up to 5 outs apiece. And if they completely missed they shouldn't peel regardless so they will likely fold for 1 or 2 bets.

So yeah c/r is good.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:03 AM

I don't understand why you're calling a raise with QTo. Even in the BB against the maniac PFR, you still are also against the two limpers. Heads-up, I would call this easily against the maniac.

I'll just imagine your hand really was QTs. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

On the flop this is the perfect situation to check-raise the maniac and isolate him. He seems to only be a pre-flop raising maniac since he slowed down on the turn and river when you showed strength, so if he 3-bets this flop, I would go straight to check-call mode. Absent that read and only knowing he's a maniac pre-flop, I'd err on the side of caution and go to c/c mode.

I don't like the turn C/R with another caller in there. Your hand isn't that strong. I'd lead the turn.

I like your river play. I think C/C is the right line here.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:08 AM

I'm getting 7:1 at the time of the PF call.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:10 AM

That's why I like calling it with QTs. QTo is just a fundamentally weak hand.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
QTo is just a fundamentally weak hand

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely disagree.