Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-29-2005, 04:51 PM

Default KK PF question

I mostly play limit poker, with maybe 5k hands total of NL, $25NL and $50NL. I'm in vegas for the weekend and trying the low limit NL games here and really enjoying it, but some of the pf stuff throws me off.

Wynn 1/3 NL. I sat down UTG, got my chips and posted my BB on the next hand. So I've been at the table for maybe a minute total. I have $300 in front of me.

UTG and CO appear to have stacks of my size or have me covered. MP has about $100 in front of him, SB has a bit less.

UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $15, MP calls, CO calls, SB calls, I look down at KK in the big blind.

You guys know as much about the players at the table as I did at this moment. I raised $100, $115 total. Opinions please? Should I have raised less?
Old 12-29-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: KK PF question

I would have made it 90-100, but that's semantics.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:55 PM

If youre uncomfortable with your postflop play OOP with big hands then a raise this size is fine if you are content with the money in the pot.

I would personally pop into it to $80 or so and try and get some action post flop
Old 12-29-2005, 06:02 PM

Perfect.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:14 PM

given you're OOP and new to NL, i don't mind the big raise, its really not too egregious. But i personally like to play post-flop poker, so i raise enough to entice action.

Problem is, the line is ever-changing between just enough and too much for just one or two people to call.

Then again, i love playing out of position since it gives me the chance to hit first, which has its advantages. Depending on the table and any possible maniacs, i'd prolly raise 60-70 on top of the 15.