Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-24-2005, 09:00 AM

Default Spew checkup, a bunch of hands

I am rebuilding from scratch (again, due to my spectacular money management skills) and I think I need a check-up.

I played baby no limit while building from $100-$2,000, but for the last week or so I have just been stuck in a rut, going up and down a few hundred but making no progress. So, I decided to take the two grand (which I generally consider to be a good starting bankroll for online $2/$4 and $3/$6) and try to grind my way back up through limit. Unfortunately, I seem to suck at limit now so please help me review for major leaks, missed bets and general stupidity. Thanks.

Mostly PartyPoker $2/$4 and $3/$6, standard low limit online players unless otherwise noted. Please forgive the massive influx of hands but I am suddenly feeling very uncomfortable with my limit Hold'em skills.

-------- Hand 1 --------
I raise interracial Kings UTG+1, player directly behind me three-bets, cutoff calls three cold, blinds fold, I cap, both call.

Flop: 473 rainbow.

I bet, player behind me raises, cutoff calls, I reraise, player behind me calls, cutoff calls.

Turn: Ts, putting two spades out

I bet, both call.

River: Offsuit 8

I bet...

Really, really, really standard, right? Pay off one raise? Overcall if player behind me raises and cutoff calls?

-------- Hand 2 --------
I open ATs two off the button, only the small blind calls.

Flop: T82

Small blind checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn: Offsuit 4

Small blind donks into me.

Raise this silly little bet? What if I raise and get three-bet?

-------- Hand 3 --------
I raise KK UTG. Late position player cold-calls, big blind calls.

Flop: TJK

Blind checks, I bet, late position player raises and the blind now check-three-bets, I cap [?].

Turn: A

Blind bets, I call, late position player calls, leaving himself just over one big bet.

River: Blank

Blind bets. Just go away here?

-------- Hand 4 --------
Bad player (earlier, limped UTG with A6s, called two more after I raised and the small blind three-bet with no one else in the pot then called again when I capped; proceeded to check/overcall my bet on a T24 flop with one of his suit, donk and call a raise on an offsuit 2 turn then check/call my river bet with his Ace-high) opens from middle position. I three-bet with AQo in the cutoff.

Flop: TJK rainbow.

Raiser bets into me, I raise, he calls.

Turn: T

Raiser bets, I call.

River: Brick.

Bet/call.

So, so, so weak, right? Easy raise somewhere in there, especially if I had read my own note on him. What if I raise and he three-bets? Easy call down?

-------- Hand 5 --------
UTG limps, UTG+2 limps, I raise in middle position with red Queens. Both limpers calls.

Flop: JXX, two hearts.

UTG bets, UTG+2 calls, I raise, both call.

Turn: Small heart

UTG checks, UTG+2 bets, I raise. [Call here? I felt UTG+2 was full of poo and I wanted to put pressure on UTG.]

River: Small heart

Check, check, check.

I was really tempted to bet my flush but I had a queasy, wimpy feeling.

-------- Hand 6 --------
UTG raises, I reraise AKo, cutoff cold-caps, small blind calls it all, raiser calls two, I call one.

Flop: 327, two clubs (I have no clubs).

Checked to the capper who bets, we all call

Turn: As, putting out two spades.

Check, check, I check [Stupid, stupid, stupid, right? I was displeased with myself the instant I did it.], cutoff checks.

River: Red Jack.

Limper bets, I just call, cutoff thinks a while then raises, bettor calls and I fold.

-------- Hand 7 --------
The table is five-handed at this point. UTG posts a big blind+$1 dead. I raise ATo UTG+1, blinds fold, UTG calls.

Flop: AJK with two diamonds (I have no diamond).

UTG bets, I raise, UTG three-bets. [Cap? Call?]

Assume the turn is a blank and I get bet into. Am I drawing to four outs or possibly less? Should I bother calling?

-------- Hand 8 --------
I am dealt QsTs in the big blind. UTG+2 open-limps, the small blind completes and I check.

Flop: Q87 rainbow. I bet, limper raises, small blind folds, I three-bet, limper calls.

Turn: Offsuit T.

I bet, limper calls.

River: J

I... Check/call? Check/fold? Bet/call? Bet/fold?

-------- Hand 9 --------
Two limpers to me and I raise with AQo. Small blind calls, limpers call.

Flop: A47 rainbow.

Limper bets, I raise, small blind calls two.

Turn: 3, putting two hearts on board

Check, check, I bet, both call.

River: Offsuit 6

Check, check, I... Do I find a value bet at this point?

-------- Hand 10 --------
A late poition player opens and I three-bet right behind him with AcJc. We take the flop heads-up.

Flop: ATX, two spades, no clubs.

Opener leads, I raise, he reraises. What's my plan? Give it up now? On the turn? Call down?

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'll post results if anyone is interested but for now I will keep them to myself.

SpaceAce
Old 12-24-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Spew checkup, a bunch of hands

SpaceAce:

I think you'll be much better off posting 1 or 2 of these as separate posts on separate days. Posts that contain "a bunch of hands" are a bit overwhelming, can get confusing over a bunch of responses and generally don't get a lot of responses.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Spew checkup, a bunch of hands

[ QUOTE ]
SpaceAce:

I think you'll be much better off posting 1 or 2 of these as separate posts on separate days. Posts that contain "a bunch of hands" are a bit overwhelming, can get confusing over a bunch of responses and generally don't get a lot of responses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Q,

I've long advocated a "no more than 2 hands per post rule."

Please, everyone, NO MORE THAN TWO HANDS PER POST. If Jason and Qtip agree, we might consider implementing a rule where posts containing more than 2 hands will be deleted without VERY good reason.

To the OP: with this many hands, everyone will take one look at your post and move on because it's too hard to work through that many hands. It's also very hard to have a logical conversation about ten hands in one thread, as everyone is talking about different hands.