Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 12-19-2005, 03:08 AM

Default problem with USB wireless mouse

so i just plugged my roomates jumpdrive(its an older one) into one of my USB slots on my laptop.. transfered some files, and then my wireless mouse stops working

its a hp, theres a small peice you plug into a usb port to pick up the radio signal coming from the mouse (which is still on and looks to be sending a signal)

my problem is no matter which usb port i plug the reciever into it doesnt seem to be turning on.. almost like i disabled the computer recognizing it or something by plugging the other one in at the same time..

does anyone have any quick ideas?

tried messing around in the control panel USB controller area, but dont seem to be getting anywhere... i hate the keypad mouse thing and would love for my mouse to work again

any help is appreciated
Old 12-19-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Re: problem with USB wireless mouse

you didn't mention if you rebooted or not, I'd definitely do that.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:05 PM

yeah i tried rebooting, no dice.. just recharged the mouse to make sure it wasnt that either, still nothing.. hmm
Old 12-19-2005, 03:02 PM

My wireless mouse has a little "Connect" button on the bottom that must be held in for a few seconds if it has been disconnected for a while.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:41 PM

yeah mine has that as well.. the reciever piece that is put into the USB port itself also has an activation button, that normally you press after pressing the one on the mouse to make it work.. that is the part that isnt working properly..

my windows appears to atleast recognize that something is being put into the USB by making the appropriate little noise, and the reciever light blinks quickly, but then wont turn on..

ive tried to look around for any troubleshooting or manual information but havent had any luck.. its an HP 27mhz wireless mini optical mouse, i got it at radio shack. its also rechargeable, and seems to have plenty of juice

hmm [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 12:50 AM

Normally the order of operation is, "First the reciever, then the transmitter." i.e. press the button on the USB stick *then* press the button on the mouse.

My model has an LED on the USB stick, the LED flashes when it's searching for the mouse, dark when it's offline and solid when it's connected.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:58 PM

yeah, ive tried just about every combination of of the two and neither seems to get anything going..

one more thing i have noticed is that the LED on the wheel button on the mouse flashses when that is activated, similiar to yours, perhaps its the mouse looking for the receiver.. still no LED or functionality out of the reciever though..

it must have had something to do with putting the old USB jumpdrive in there, perhaps it loaded up some old drivers or something!? im going to look into that tonight.. cant stand this keypad haha..

thanks though!
Old 12-22-2005, 11:17 PM

Try it on another computer. Maybe the batteries died or the thing just failed at that exact moment.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:59 PM

well, this never ending saga continues..

I drained out the battery completely, then recharged it for a few hours.. (should be plenty of time for it to be full)

Im not even sure this had anything to do with the problem, but now I am able to plug in my mouse receiver into the USB port and it activates... theres one MAJOR problem which is still highly annoying.. now when I move the mouse, it only scrolls from side to side.. it will not register any up-down movements at all..

any suggestions as to what would be causing this? Im about to say forget it and go drop $30 on another!
Old 12-27-2005, 03:09 PM

I think your diagnosis is correct, doctor.

Wonder why the damn thing decided to die right THEN.