Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 12-18-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Why did Jesus have to die?

[ QUOTE ]
God is almighty all powerfull he could forgive everyones sins on a whim

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose God could, on a whim, eliminate every single thing that is wrong in the world, too. He could just snap his fingers and eradicate cancer, AIDS, murder, rape, plague, starvation, death.

Why doesn't he do such things?

In my personal opinion, perhaps it because such utopia only exists in heaven. Worthiness through sacrifice must be proven to enter heaven, and such exemplary worthiness and sacrifice was clearly demonstrated for all to see, hear, and read about by Jesus Christ on the cross, thus answering your question as to why Jesus needed to die in such a horrific way upon the cross.

Of course that is my opinion. You will do yourself better to formulate your own based on your own years of reading, research, and investigation. I'll warn you, faith is probably a prelimary requisite.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:33 PM

This is exactly why there is so much violence in the world people shedding blood for their religon. I wonder if the world would be a more peaceful place if there were no religon.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:34 PM

why do u need to shed blood. why not do a good deed or shed some tears.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is exactly why there is so much violence in the world people shedding blood for their religon. I wonder if the world would be a more peaceful place if there were no religon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so convinced that religion is the reason why there is "so much violence in the world". I think there are very clear aspects of human nature that lead to violence. Absent religion, do you honestly feel that there would be nothing to fuel these innate human(animal) drives, actions and reactions?

Nor do I see the direct correlation between religion and universal physical acts such as murder, rape, theft, assault, torture, etc.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:44 PM

If the ultimat goal of God was for all good people to live in utopia. Why didnt he just make everyone start of in heaven with no suffering and than eliminate the bad seeds. Why would he go through all the troubles he's been through especially if he is all powerfull. If i had the power to do anything i sure would take the path of least resistance.
I would try to do things right the first time with the least amount of work possible. that is unless i got bored. could it be that God is a bored eogmaniac.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:47 PM

Try to answer this more secular question:

Why, upon initiation into the KGB during its prominence, did a man need first to be either stabbed brutally with a knife or have his arm broken by those auditing his worthiness of "membership"?
Old 12-18-2005, 04:49 PM

Good point. Its just that so many people have lost their lives due to holy wars. the catholic church has murdered tons of people in the name of god. i guess religon is a good excuse for other countries to invade and conquer.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:50 PM

Now, after your initial question has been "answered", you are just frustratingly goading with ridiculous questions based on unclear assumptions in an attempt to get more back patting.

I suggest you give up, as clearly you are not intellectually capable of the philosophical investigation that you snidely demand handed to you.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:53 PM

I think that is totally absurd. If you are worthy why do u need to sacrifice so much. yes people in the kgb did this but was it totally necessary. how many good people didnt make it into the kgb because they couldnt pass the initiation process.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:55 PM

im not demanding anything. im merely debating an idea. i dont know why u have to get your panties in a bunch. if u were intellectually capable you would welcome this debate.