Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 07:35 AM

Default nl pokering video\'s

over in the shorthanded limit forum, making session long video's of your play is the new black and has caught on like furbies.

i know that green plastic et al do this and charge monthly fees for video of them playing. i have never checked any of these out, so i am unsure how entertaining or interesting watching such things can be.

i know that the benefits (entertaining me) do not outweigh the detriments (public knowledge of specifically how you play), but i think it would be interesting if a few of you gave this a go.

if there is a hand you feel gives away particularly too much, then you can always edit it out.

the new stickied thread can be found here, which contains information on how to go about creating such a thing, and also offers space and bandwidth for free hosting.

durr, azk, or others up for such a thing? capt zeebo? i would like to see the kamikaze 8xpot flop bet style in full effect.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:20 AM

Default Re: nl pokering video\'s

If I were to record myself playing, it could definitely be sold. But you wouldn't be able to afford it.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
durr, azk, or others up for such a thing? capt zeebo? i would like to see the kamikaze 8xpot flop bet style in full effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

gee, thanks for the mention.

now im definately not doing it. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2005, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I were to record myself playing, it could definitely be sold. But you wouldn't be able to afford it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your game so mechanical that if someone got a hold of the video of you playing, they would crush you?
Old 12-06-2005, 12:08 PM

I dabbled in this for a very short while. I thought about starting a screenshot thread which I guess would consist of nice but frivolous stuff like

Stuff like this is fun if people decide to put in a little effort and share + screenshots are easy and you can certainly black out your name.

Crappy video link of tiltboy. Holla!
Old 12-06-2005, 12:54 PM

lmao [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is your game so mechanical that if someone got a hold of the video of you playing, they would crush you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Yes, it definitely is.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:40 PM

I wouldn't mind doing this, it would probably be fun. Plus hopefully some people could give me tips (i.e. idiot you have 7 high and just shoved that river)...
Old 12-06-2005, 04:01 PM

fsu,

sorry for not mentioning you. of course i would enjoy witnessing this supposed "owning zeebo". only mentioned those people because for some reason i thought they would be more up for it.

azk,
go for it and be guinea pig. shorthanded preferably. if you need help capturing video or editing, the guys in MHHUSH can help you out.

thanks,
chuddo
Old 12-06-2005, 04:49 PM

We should have a player of the week selected to record a full hour session and post comments after.