Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-26-2005, 07:19 AM

Default JT off on the bubble against shorty

PS $5+.50. Villian has played ABC poker the whole time, obviously somewhat donkish being a $5+.50. He hasn't shown anything down where he wasn't ahead though (at least that I can remember, I've been drinking a little, hence the donk game). My image is tight, but a little over aggressive when I get involved. The very last hand I raised the chip leader on an all club flop with air (no club) and showed it down when he folded.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter

Hero (t4280)
SB (t2175)
BB (t1285)
UTG (t5760)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t1000</font>, Hero???
Old 11-26-2005, 07:56 AM

Default Re: JT off on the bubble against shorty

Your raise is terrible. You have to call now, so well done on sucking out on his Ax or pair.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:11 AM

Default Re: JT off on the bubble against shorty

I definitely would not have shown that bluff, because it will likely increase the probability you'll be called later. And by later, I mean the next hand. I don't mind a push here once biggie has folded, but a raise like that is worthless. You have to call if BB pushes, and you should probably fold if SB pushes. Push or fold first.