Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 08:42 PM

Default I\'m trying to learn how to fold

I used to be really good at it...
CO is TAG

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds,
Old 09-16-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Re: I\'m trying to learn how to fold

why not c/r this flop?
Old 09-16-2005, 08:49 PM

becuase i saw AJ and assumed i had closed the raising preflop [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2005, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
becuase i saw AJ and assumed i had closed the raising preflop [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

42 tabling again? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I say c/r the flop because when he pulls that turn raise bs, you can get away from your hand for 1 sb cheaper. thoughts?
Old 09-16-2005, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I say c/r the flop because when he pulls that turn raise bs, you can get away from your hand for 1 sb cheaper. thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think i can fold to the turn raise if i CR the flop.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]LOL... you played it good.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:58 PM

What do you put your opponent on to fold to the turn raise...AQ and AK only? It seems like WHWB situation.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why? cuz he may put you on spades and be attemtpting to punish your draw? whereas with the line you took,his turn raise HAS to mean business unless he is a total nut? I'm thinking out loud. Am I close?
Old 09-16-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why? cuz he may put you on spades and be attemtpting to punish your draw? whereas with the line you took,his turn raise HAS to mean business unless he is a total nut? I'm thinking out loud. Am I close?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that was pretty much my thinking.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:12 PM

FWIW, the largest I've played is 10/20. I don't play online. I consider myself usually TAG. When the table/situation warrants, I loosen a little. I don't know all the numbers and don't consider myself an expert, but I rarely walk away with less than I walked in with. Having said that...

I was with you until your 3-bet on the Flop. I wouldn't have done that. But, you did and MP is still riding along (chasing?) and CO just called? So, maybe you're still ahead.

I definitely would have checked on the Turn. But you didn't and MP's still hanging in and CO either feels he's got you (and MP) or that he can run you off, so he raises. Now you figure you're in deepest doo-doo and bail out. At this point I think I'd have seen the River.

Your question was about learning how to fold. Hell, how can you learn to muck A-J? Who teaches that? Like I said, the only thing I'd have done different was that Flop raise.

Maybe somebody's got a lot of good reasons for you not to have played the hand. I'm anxious to see how the hand played. (inquiring minds and all that)