Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 12:58 AM

Default Hand from Quadruple Shootout on PS

Beginning of 3rd round.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (6 handed) converter

MP (t1440)
CO (t1450)
Hero (t1550)
SB (t1480)
BB (t1360)
UTG (t1720)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls t20, MP calls t20, CO calls t20, Hero calls t20, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t120) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t60</font>, UTG calls t60, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t180</font>, CO calls t180, Hero calls t180, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls t120.

Turn: (t900) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets t740</font>, Hero calls t740, UTG folds, MP folds.

River: (t2380) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: t2380

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
CO has Jc Qs (flush, queen high).
Hero has 7s 6s (flush, jack high).
Outcome: CO wins t2380. </font>

Would a better line be to reraise on flop to indicate that I have a made flush ? I called the flop with the intent to raise/push on the turn on a non spade or 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. The large raise by CO kind of surprised me. On the river, how often do you think he folds to a push, representing the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ?
Old 06-14-2005, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Hand from Quadruple Shootout on PS

Why would you flatcall the turn? Either he has you killed or you should fold, or he has a higher spade or two pair or a set and you don't want him to get the free card to make his hand. Let him get the chips in while you're ahead.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:02 AM

Push the turn, you arent getting away from a non spade on the river and a 4th spade only hurts you, push the turn and be happy about your getting your chips in.
~Justin
Old 06-14-2005, 02:49 AM

I'd raise the flop to T500 and move in on the turn.

UTG can easily call the 120 and you can play this at least 4 ways or you can get one or two players to come for another 320. Both players have enough chips to be able to lay it down at the turn.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:28 AM

I think you should probably start your pushing on the flop, as I don't see him reraising you with a higher flush. A re-reraise on the flop will now give you control of the hand on the turn, where a pot-sized bet would win it for you in many cases (although not in this one). Flop call is quite weak. I really don't see him laying this hand down on any street (especially not for an online tourney), so you just got unlucky. IMHO, There was no way not to lose money on this hand. In direct response to your questions:

1) yes
2) no
Old 06-14-2005, 03:38 AM

Oi Vei. I didnt see that you called the flop bet. I assumed you had raised. So you have a raise, a reraise and a call in front of you. T600 in the pot when action reaches you. I like the line of raising it to T500 right there as mentioned earlier. Assuming you do get a caller I am pushing any non spade on the turn and check folding a 4th spade.
~Justin
Old 06-14-2005, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oi Vei. I didnt see that you called the flop bet. I assumed you had raised. So you have a raise, a reraise and a call in front of you. T600 in the pot when action reaches you. I like the line of raising it to T500 right there as mentioned earlier. Assuming you do get a caller I am pushing any non spade on the turn and check folding a 4th spade.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling with the intent to jam a safe turn is fine as well. There are a lot of cards to dodge sadly but given the action a 3 way flop allin even if you're ahead may have you in rough shape.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Beginning of 3rd round.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (6 handed) converter

MP (t1440)
CO (t1450)
Hero (t1550)
SB (t1480)
BB (t1360)
UTG (t1720)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls t20, MP calls t20, CO calls t20, Hero calls t20, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t120) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t60</font>, UTG calls t60, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t180</font>, CO calls t180, Hero calls t180, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls t120.

Turn: (t900) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets t740</font>, Hero calls t740, UTG folds, MP folds.

River: (t2380) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: t2380

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
CO has Jc Qs (flush, queen high).
Hero has 7s 6s (flush, jack high).
Outcome: CO wins t2380. </font>

Would a better line be to reraise on flop to indicate that I have a made flush ? I called the flop with the intent to raise/push on the turn on a non spade or 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. The large raise by CO kind of surprised me. On the river, how often do you think he folds to a push, representing the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ?

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn reeks of greed. PUSH there and get him to fold or pay to outdraw you. Yuck.

Blackjack