Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 05-31-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Ten things that Party Poker should do.

1) Change the Avatar on for seat 7 for men. It looks like a girl. Most men avoid it. I have seen guys get hit-on on this seat. Watch how people sign up, and you will see that this one is usually last.

2) Allow for “Player Only” chat. So often someone from outside the table is heckling a player or players. This would be most helpful at the end of a multi-table tourney, when 50 non-players are chatting. You can turn off player chat, but you cannot turn off chat from a non-playing heckler.

3) When a player signs up for a ring game, he should be given the option right away of waiting for the big blind.

4) Get rid of speed tournaments. If they decide not to take this good advice, at least drastically shorten the time each player has to act. ESPECIALLY towards the end when the best strategy is to delay, so everyone delays every hand. That is not speed.

5) Have an option to always accept or always deny whether you want a tournament history or not. This way the system would not prompt you after every tournament. I would guess that most player always say no, or always say yes.

6) Get rid of the advertising pop-up that shows up every time you sign on. This is so annoying, and you have to wait for it to show up before you can sign on. I cannot believe anyone looks at it.

7) If a player misses a hand for computer reasons, or other reasons, the system posts your blinds, deals you cards, and folds you until the “I AM BACK” icon is hit. This is OK, UNLESS you are the first to act on the next hand. If you are UTG on the next hand, the system will deal your cards, fold you, and then ask if you are back. It shows you your two cards just to tease you. There is no way that I know of to play that hand, even if you are back. I normally do not have a lot to complain about with the Indian help-line, but under this circumstance, they are awful. I tried to explain how bad this is, and they try to explain how the software works. It is an endless loop. There is no explaining to these people that this is a big software problem that should be fixed. I want to shout, “Can I Speak To An American!”. As soon as the system recognizes that you are out, the “I AM BACK” icon should appear. Not after you are dealt out of the next hand.

8) In no-limit tournaments, it asks you before the hand is dealt if you want to Call BB, Fold, or Bet Pot. The bet the pot icon is useless, and should be eliminated.

9) Once it is your time to act, it asks if you want to Fold, Call, or Raise 2x. I would like to see 3x, 4x and 5x and All-In buttons. This is what I do, and what many other players do. It would save time, and there is room. This would be especially helpful at the end of a multi-table tourney, when you have to deal with huge chip amounts. If you have 1,000,000 chips, and you want to raise from 60,000 to 180,000, the toggle switch is useless. If I remember right, I don’t think you can type in numbers greater than 100,000. I can’t remember though.

10) During Tournaments there are always players that go into a stall 400 players from the bubble. Software should be developed to stop these players from doing this on every hand. I sat with one player on table 3 that did this for 2 hours. He would wait until the last moment, and then fold. HORRIBLE

These are my ideas. Are there any others?
Old 05-31-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Ten things that Party Poker should do.

[ QUOTE ]
9) Once it is your time to act, it asks if you want to Fold, Call, or Raise 2x. I would like to see 3x, 4x and 5x and All-In buttons. This is what I do, and what many other players do. It would save time, and there is room. This would be especially helpful at the end of a multi-table tourney, when you have to deal with huge chip amounts. If you have 1,000,000 chips, and you want to raise from 60,000 to 180,000, the toggle switch is useless. If I remember right, I don’t think you can type in numbers greater than 100,000. I can’t remember though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would hate hate hate this.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:16 AM

1 - People still use avaters?
2 - No observer chat is ridiculous. Maybe late in the big MTTS only.
3 - They do.
4 - I personally like turbo MTTs, as a lot of people do. Just because YOU don't like them doesn't mean they should be gone with.
5 - You can check your drives for this.
6 - I do not get this..
7 - This is just stupid. Why wouldn't they show you your 2 cards? What is the downside to this?
8 - I've seen many people do this. It isn't a great feature, but it isn't bad.
9 - Not one sit does this. How lazy can you possibly be.
10 - I think I've sate with someone who stalled a whole MTT once. And I have played A LOT of MTTs. This is not a problem.

Overall, this post is useless. I can think of 50 things Party needs to do, and not one of them are on your list.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:36 AM

1 - People still use avaters?
I don't understand this. Do you tape over the players on your computer screen?

2 - No observer chat is ridiculous. Maybe late in the big MTTS only.
Why is this ridiculous. It would just be another option. You wouldn't have to use it. Sometimes I want to eliminiate all of the non-players, but allow the players to chat. If you don't like this option, don't use it.

3 - They do.
They don't. There is a way to do this, but it is not on the screen when you sign up.

4 - I personally like turbo MTTs, as a lot of people do. Just because YOU don't like them doesn't mean they should be gone with.

The problem is the stalling. That is really what I would like Party to address. I would suggest a 10 second time to act. You must admit the stalling phase is ridiculous.

5 - You can check your drives for this.
DAH. I don't want to be asked if I want one after the game is over. I usually 3-play. This is an annoyance. The answer is always no for me.

6 - I do not get this..
When I sign on to Party, the "Register Party Login" pop-up comes on. Then the "Message from Party" pop-up comes on. I never read the "Message from Party" pop-up, and wish it didn't pop up.

7 - This is just stupid. Why wouldn't they show you your 2 cards? What is the downside to this?

There is no downside to showing me my two cards before mucking them, but it is upsetting when you see a QQ get mucked without the chance of playing it. I am back. It asks me if I am back after it has mucked my hand. I wish to play that hand sometimes. It should ask me if I am back before it mucks my hand.

8 - I've seen many people do this. It isn't a great feature, but it isn't bad.

I don't remember anyone using the "Bet Pot" feature. I often check, and it never adds up to the pot. It does no harm the way it is though.

9 - Not one sit does this. How lazy can you possibly be.
I 3-play. It would be helpfull to me.

10 - I think I've sate with someone who stalled a whole MTT once. And I have played A LOT of MTTs. This is not a problem.

You are a unique individual. Usually when someone stalls constantly during a tournament, most players on that table are angry about it. This seems to happen a lot to me.

Overall, this post is useless. I can think of 50 things Party needs to do, and not one of them are on your list.

A lot of anger here. Why not post what you find wrong with Party. Be useful.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:43 AM

1) do you really care? (many players, myself included, turn off avatars)
2) right click on the chat box - you can turn off all observor chat (it would be nice to turn off one specific observors chat though)
3) Agreed.
4) Dude, some people dig these.
5) Agreed.
6) Fing agreed!!!
7) God DAMN I hate it when this happens.
8) It isn't useless.... but I think it should be eliminated for other reasons.. It helps lazy players make bets that kill the action.
9) Strongly disagree. It should have Check/call or Fold, it should not prompt any bet amount. This feature limits betting tells. Also, an "all-in" button.... Boy I'd hate to misclick....
10) This drives me INSANE!!! I agree completely.
11) Late game antes would be nice. Also, chopping assistance would be nice.
12) Decrease the payouts at the top. Why should 1st of 1800 get 21% (or whatever they get) that is TOO top-heavy.

I like your post, and am sorry for the negative responses you received. Welcome to the forum and keep posting.

CSC
Old 05-31-2005, 01:01 AM

Thank you for your encouragement.

I see the viewer chat option now. I never saw that before.

I like your ante idea. That is how the big tournaments are run. I would also like to see a chop option.

I like the current payout rates.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:09 AM

Antes are a MUST for any good tourney site.
Also, rather than banning observer chat they could just make it that you need to have the buy in in your account, this would eliminate the beggers and such from the bigger tournies.
~Justin
Old 05-31-2005, 01:19 AM

Antes
Chosen Avaters
Higher cash games
Much less hand4hand
Higher omaha/stud games
Possibly more time to sign up for MTTs
Take the god damn rake off the rebuys/addon

I was always thinking of an idea to get about 100 people to email the same letter to party with suggestions like these. Sure, they can deny 1 of us (like usual(, but I doubt they could ignore 100 people.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:55 AM

Some good suggestions and ideas, sent them as email to PP.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:03 AM

Good post.

I agree with a lot.