Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2005, 03:07 AM

Default Free real-time odds calculator for Party Poker

I'm trying to get some interest in a hobby program I've been working to help level the online playing field. It calcuates odds based on your cards on Party Poker.

PokerVantage.com

I'd appreciate any feedback on features/direction (or if this doesn't belong here). I will not make a bot so please don't ask.

Thanks
-PV
Old 03-25-2005, 05:06 AM

Default Re: Free real-time odds calculator for Party Poker

This looks like a great tool for any player who isnt familiar w/ odds, even a play familiar w/ odds, since party doesnt pot all the bets into the pot till the street is over. I'll try it out in a bit.

Edit- Does this work for party skins too?
Old 03-25-2005, 09:44 AM

I'm not familiar with party skins, but if it changes colors or placement of cards then the pot odds will likely work but the card recognition likely won't.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:00 PM

Great tool for newbies!
Old 03-25-2005, 05:45 PM

I tried it out with Eurobet with modded party table images. Worked fine.

I don't care for the software for online play, but may prove to be a valuable offline study tool. The ability to see every eventuality that your hand can develop to, along with the odds of those hands showing up at certain stages is very useful.

I'd recommend adding something that adds all the %'s up for each street and displays that number, so you know your total chance to improve to any hand that is better than what you hold. Also, you can input the same card as both hole cards: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for example.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried it out with Eurobet with modded party table images. Worked fine.

I don't care for the software for online play, but may prove to be a valuable offline study tool. The ability to see every eventuality that your hand can develop to, along with the odds of those hands showing up at certain stages is very useful.

I'd recommend adding something that adds all the %'s up for each street and displays that number, so you know your total chance to improve to any hand that is better than what you hold. Also, you can input the same card as both hole cards: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for example.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points thanks, any thoughts (beyond chance of improvement) that what would make this more helpful for an online tool?

My end goal is to also be a free repository collecting player statistics, and so getting people to use it while online is critical.

Thanks,
PV
Old 03-26-2005, 02:35 AM

If it modeled opponents more accurately than the current system prevalant (VPIP/PFR/AGG), then that would be good. I find the current system, while a good guideline, somewhat lacking when trying to make a decision based on statistical information.

Integration with PokerTracker ideas:
Allow it to run through blocks of 100 or so hands that went to showdown and make comments about your play. Places where you folded when you had the odds to improve. Calling without odds to improve, etc.

Suckout gauge. Basically running through the database and looking at all hands that went to showdown, and assigning a % of time a player was a large favorite on the turn, and an underdog caught a hand against odds on the river to win.

I'd like to see the top hands grouped, instead of the ordering you have used. For example, when the nuts is a flush, then put Ax[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - rank 1-10, Kx[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - rank 11-19, etc. You might be able to quickly order and logically display the top 20 hand "groupings" for the turn and river. Basically a readability issue.

I'm not sure what you mean about the online repository. A database of players?

Good luck with your project! I'm definately going to watch out for this one.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:22 AM

Can you explain this more? Are you reading hand histories or what? How would you track information on specific opponents if your not reading the hand histories?

>Why is PokerScan trying to connect somewhere?
>In the future, we're planning on offering opponent >tracking. To make this possible, we'll want to gather as >much dealer-text as possible from our users to model how >users play.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:42 PM

I'm reading the dealer chat. So the plan is to send that dealer chat to a server (which I haven't built yet), that will be collecting dealer chat from hopefully a large number of players. On the server store information like pokertracker on all the players, then have a players tab to let you see who the sharks and the fish are, and what they've been doing lately.

I want to avoid PokerTracker integration as I want a shared server based repository (so maybe allow people to upload their Pokertracker stats?)

But I realize the fear of having a program that's network based so if anyone has ideas about how to make people feel safe with this I'd appreciate those too. Or if you think this is the wrong direction I'd appreciate hearing that too.

-PV