Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Party Till you Cruise II

Did anybody else complete it?

I had been up since 5am on Tuesday when I found out about it. I then played 10/20 6m from 11pm tuesday til 9pm Wednesday. Took a 3hr nap, then 12AM Thursday until 1:30AM Friday (when I fell asleep while playing. James can attest as his IMs where WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP.) Then 5:30 am Friday until 11:00am. I accumulated 15168 regular points. I had a really low winrate (but it was positive!), but I think it had to do with playing really really tired, having to play at 7am in the morning in games full of absolute rocks, and having other 2+2ers own me. I made several misclicks and misreads including 3 betting the turn and raising the river with KTh on a 3 club board (I thought I had clubs). Thankfully the real flush didn't cap the turn or 3 bet the river.

So far I have sent 4 letters to party and haven't received a single response.

Did any other 2+2ers do this? I know one did and think one other did too. My party name is golfer8487 if you were playing with me.

Nick
Old 02-19-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Party Till you Cruise II

hey nick, nice work! let us know if you get the package.

that would rock if someone who got on the cruise for no $ took it down.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:31 PM

glad you made it. Congrats.

What a crazy no-sleep (okay...minimal-sleep) stretch for you.

Not sure why they aren't responding...every time I sent an e-mail about it they responded rather quickly (within an hour most of the time).

I sent probably about 10 e-mails to info@party during the whole thing....and while some of their responses didn't make much sense they continued to respond nonetheless.

check your spam-box...because sometimes the e-mails suddenly wind up getting thrown in there.

Also - try e-mailing again...and then just call them.
You will probably be told that you have to wair until Monday while they determine if you were one of the first 10 to do it....but at least you can confirm that your request has been received and is being processed or whatever.

Hope to see you on the boat...maybe us marathon-warriors will hang in there with the guys who actually won a satellite (as opposed to a silly raked-hands contest)!!
Old 02-19-2005, 06:05 PM

i completed it. but i didn't really get any response from them either. i called them and they said wait until monday.

they also said not "many" people completed it. so maybe we'd both get in..
Old 02-20-2005, 06:40 AM

Damn I wish I was good enough or had the roll to do this. I need a freakin getaway!
Old 02-20-2005, 11:21 AM

I think it is a poor choice to wait until Monday if everybody who completed it didn't get a seat. For instance if I don't get one, I would have liked to play satellites on Sat + Sun, but by not knowing, I am not going to waste my money on them.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:51 AM

Yeah...there is that satellite thing. But it is a pretty reasonable promotion imo and it's only a couple of days.

My hunch is that the person who goes through each e-mail request and checks the total points to confirm probably just doesn't work on weekends or something.

I got my notification at 6:40am or something on the Monday morning....so they might send it to you pretty early.

From the other poster's conversation with support I suspect you are in pretty good shape so I hope it works out for you.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah...there is that satellite thing. But it is a pretty reasonable promotion imo and it's only a couple of days.

My hunch is that the person who goes through each e-mail request and checks the total points to confirm probably just doesn't work on weekends or something.

I got my notification at 6:40am or something on the Monday morning....so they might send it to you pretty early.

From the other poster's conversation with support I suspect you are in pretty good shape so I hope it works out for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I don't have a problem with the promotion. I guess what I meant to say is that I wish I knew so I could play satellites.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:37 PM

They might even be doing some kind of quick review of the points in there to make sure it was legit.

Something like making sure you didn't collude with other players somehow....or were involved in team-play with someone in a different time-zone....or just to make sure that their calculators didn't somehow credit you with 15k points when you only played 4k raked-hands or something.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:45 PM

I wonder if two people just got HU and played 16,700 raked hands at 10/20. If they kept the pot under $40 it would cost them $16,700 between the two of them in rake, but would obviously be profitable if they each got a cruise. I am sure this is what party is looking for, when they wait so long.