Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Do I need to pay this off??

i remember reading this thread a couple days ago, and then today i log in and see it has ~50 replies. so i wonder what the hell's going on. i guessed that people were going to be discussing calling vs. folding this river because i do think it's close.

but instead i come to see banditdad chumping it up, metetron telling him to piss off, and entity challenging him to heads up.

great thread i must say. banditdad you are a huge tool.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And you didn't bet out on the flop because? You needed to narrow the field and gain info on the flop. Bet it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your advice is, having raised, to auto-bet every single flop regardless of the cards? If not, can you give me an example of a flop that's worse for continuation betting?

Checking this flop is a smart use of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but I really think checking this flop is a major mistake. Shows weakness, allows the others to catch up, just not a good play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Checking this flop is 100% correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong. It is 100% incorrect and a pretty good reasonn why I regularly take your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

HU 10/20?

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob,

Please. Don't let you ego write checks you can't really cash. I'm not interested in playing you HU. I take enough of your money in regular games. And I have for a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm being honest when I'm saying that I don't think I've ever played you, let alone played you on a regular basis. If you frequent Absolute you'll see me at 5/10 when I'm bored, but usually at 10/20 and 15/30. Sometimes 25/50 when the games are good. I would honestly love to play you HU at 10/20. If you're interested let's setup a date and time and exchange usernames.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 99% at AP and mostly 5/10. I also used to play you way back when there were private 2+2 tables at Party. Sorry but I will not post or give out my user name.

I do think it is unfortuante that anyone who disagrees with the self proclaimed Lords of 2+2 are labeled trolls.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on your successful trolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see. Anyone who disagrees with the conventional wisdonm is a troll. How sad.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

great thread i must say. banditdad you are a huge tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what you mean is I have a huge tool. At least that's what your Momma says.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:37 PM

I'm agreeing with metetron and kirshan than this does feel like a good bluff C/R opportunity when the board pairs here.

So calling it down is probably for the best.....but I think in this case it's VERY borderline.
A more specific read here (or ideas of your recent table-image) would certainly be helpful in a case like this....but sometimes there just isn't much of a read in those areas and all we have to work with is trying to find some sort of 'best default play' against a guy with such-and-such stats.
Which I think is okay too.

I've been a call-down-aholic for far too long.
it's a bad thing for the most part. But it also gives me an idea of what some players are capable of.

Even by players with crappy stats I find that some fairly creative plays against potential weak-tight folders (such as river C/R bluffs when the board pairs) are more common than many around here might think.

For a certain type of fishy player it almost seems like 'river C/R stone bluffs' are the new black. They've been watching a lot of WPT I suspect.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And you didn't bet out on the flop because? You needed to narrow the field and gain info on the flop. Bet it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your advice is, having raised, to auto-bet every single flop regardless of the cards? If not, can you give me an example of a flop that's worse for continuation betting?

Checking this flop is a smart use of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but I really think checking this flop is a major mistake. Shows weakness, allows the others to catch up, just not a good play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Checking this flop is 100% correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong. It is 100% incorrect and a pretty good reasonn why I regularly take your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

HU 10/20?

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob,

Please. Don't let you ego write checks you can't really cash. I'm not interested in playing you HU. I take enough of your money in regular games. And I have for a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm being honest when I'm saying that I don't think I've ever played you, let alone played you on a regular basis. If you frequent Absolute you'll see me at 5/10 when I'm bored, but usually at 10/20 and 15/30. Sometimes 25/50 when the games are good. I would honestly love to play you HU at 10/20. If you're interested let's setup a date and time and exchange usernames.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 99% at AP and mostly 5/10. I also used to play you way back when there were private 2+2 tables at Party. Sorry but I will not post or give out my user name.

I do think it is unfortuante that anyone who disagrees with the self proclaimed Lords of 2+2 are labeled trolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

PM me my username. If you play 5/10 a lot I'm sure I've played you there.

Rob
Old 12-31-2005, 06:40 PM

also - banditdad strongly disagreed with my idea that checking-through on the river would be bad because of all the stuff on the board.

Am I to understand that most here agree that betting this river (at the risk of a C/R if he has a 7) is acceptable?

Since some here are advocating a call of the C/R it would seem that they find the river bet to be a given.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:46 PM

This thread should be locked. And some posts deleted wouldn't be bad either. Keep it civil guys. (And take it to PMs)

Krishan
Old 12-31-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread should be locked. And some posts deleted wouldn't be bad either. Keep it civil guys. (And take it to PMs)

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I overreacted. I should have just ignored him but I've had a pot of coffee and I get twitchy when I have too much caffeine.

I'm curious about his AP username because I want to know whether I think he plays well or badly based on when I've played him. He's not telling me what it is and it shouldn't matter. I'm also curious about how he'd know me since only a few people seem to know my AP username, but I don't keep it super secretive. Of course, I really shouldn't care at all since I basically play 5/10 for the rakeback and don't even try to play my C game most of the time (I'm a 37/28/2 player there overall, filtered for 5-handed I think).

Rob
Old 12-31-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I to understand that most here agree that betting this river (at the risk of a C/R if he has a 7) is acceptable?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah betting the river is a no brainer - as is checking through on the flop.
Closed Thread