Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-30-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Which Site?

[ QUOTE ]
I probably should chime in here. I am indeed "the friend", and my big beef with stars is that I think the quality of play there is by far worse than anywhere else. Ive played at party, stars, royal vegas, and pokerroom. I like the options stars gives you, but I think all these newbies see the advertisements on espn and what not, and qucikly jump to stars. My problem with stars isnt the poker-initiated bad beats, its the pricks who call preflop with j-7 offsuit after I quintuple the big blind with KK, and then get beat. Thats my main problem, but I've since moved to full tilt, and I haven't had much problems yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Move up limits then. I'm sure the people playing 1000NL on stars aren't calling many raises with J7o. You should do great.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably should chime in here. I am indeed "the friend", and my big beef with stars is that I think the quality of play there is by far worse than anywhere else. Ive played at party, stars, royal vegas, and pokerroom. I like the options stars gives you, but I think all these newbies see the advertisements on espn and what not, and qucikly jump to stars. My problem with stars isnt the poker-initiated bad beats, its the pricks who call preflop with j-7 offsuit after I quintuple the big blind with KK, and then get beat. Thats my main problem, but I've since moved to full tilt, and I haven't had much problems yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have a fundamental miusunderstanding of poker.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:56 PM

Why do you hate money?
Old 12-30-2005, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Learn more about poker. Don't worry about which site. BTW, I am not trying to be condescending. If you want to take it that way, so be it.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am indeed "the friend", and my big beef with stars is that I think the quality of play there is by far worse than anywhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you understand poker. You should be looking to play with the weakest opposition possible. Yes, it opens the possibility for more bad beats, but over the long run you win the most when the ability gap between you and your opponents is the greatest.

If you pounded with KK against J7, you did the right thing. Whether you won the pot or not doesn't matter.

BTW, Stars has a reputation of having players that are somewhat tougher than at Party or anywhere else.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:52 PM

For a wide range of low stake Ring games and SnG's I would recommend Stars, UB or the Prima network.

I would absolutely get PokerTracker + PAHUD asap as well.

Contrary to what some of the posters seem to be saying you don't necessarily have to play at the site with the best maximum income potential when you are learning - so long as your bankroll is growing it is more important to play some poker against players that let you see some flops and don;t bet every 2nd pair like it's a set - sure bear-hunts can be fun are are very lucrative but hardly require that much in the way of poker skills esp. at low-limits. You should play different styles and at different flavors of table to see how the game works.

UB and Stars have some of the stronger low stake players on the Net, but they are still good places to start.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:54 PM

Back when I was too young to legally play I played at UB's play money tables. I played there for a month or two. Reading super systems helped out a lot I went from 1k in play chips to 3 million in about a month. This gave me the confidence and set me on the right track of playing agresive and semi-tight. You dont need to lose thousands to learn poker. I was a winning player from the start altough I got very lucky that I did not lose my 100 BB roll since I had no clue about roll managment or any of that boring stuff they dont teach on ESPN. So keep learning and you will start winning!
Old 12-31-2005, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what was the guys screenname? does he still play at stars? I heart him.