Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-29-2005, 07:39 PM

Default JJ vs fish

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em
Converted w/ PonksSaver: http://www.pokermentor.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=510
- - - HAND 3281393115 - - -
PreFlop: <font color="blue">HERO</font> is SB with <font color="red">J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> (5 Players)
1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, CO calls, 1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls,

Flop: (6.00 SB) <font color="green">7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> (3 Players)
<font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="green">bets</font>, BB calls, CO <font color="darkred">folds</font>,

Turn: (4.00 BB) <font color="blue">K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> (2 Players)
<font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="green">bets</font>, BB <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkred">folds</font>,

Final Pot: 7.00 BB

No read except he came into the game with $27 and this was his 1st hand.

On another note please take a look at these stats. I have had the [censored] kicked out of me by tables full of fishes for 5 playing days straight ( I took 4 days of breaks). I am going nuts! Sum it up I win tiny pots and lose all the big pots on the river over and over and over. A LOT of draw outs. Today -$224 in 158 hands WSD 35%. I quit after a gut straight with T5o hit vs my set on the river. I finally lost it. I believe I am keeping a cool head in all this and playing right. But I need a 2nd opinion.

Are my stats to aggressive?
I usually just bet out because they are so passive, should I be check raising more the flop?

5 days of playing 2,028 hands
See flop 27.07%
VPIP 20.51%
FOLD to SB steal 91.49%
FOLD to BB steal 64.79%
Att steal 34.69%
Won$ WFS 35.7%
Amount won ** -$901.72 **
Went to SD 33.52%
Won at SD 51.09%
Raise PF 14.94%
AGGRESION
Pre-Flop 2.13
Flop 4.17
Turn 4.39
River 1.78
TAF 2.9
Fold on river 38.89%
Old 12-29-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: JJ vs fish

[ QUOTE ]
JJ vs fish

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No read except he came into the game with $27 and this was his 1st hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
but hey your flop and turn aggro numbers look way too high, and your 20/15 vpip/pfr too low. then again its only 2k hands.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:53 PM

I'm folding to that turn raise just about every time.

Stats:
I think you can defend your BB more.

Take a break and cool off. Do some poker book reading, then come back. Maybe play some 2/4 instead of 3/6 at first.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:57 PM

nice fold on the turn

Play more hands. While VP$IP and PFR converge pretty quickly (relative to other stats), if you're running bad (as you seem to be), those numbers may be a result of getting poor cards.

But your postflop agg. on the flop and turn lends weight to you not playing enough hands. If you only have the best hands going to the flop, it's easy to raise all the time, isn't it?
Old 12-30-2005, 06:18 PM

How terrible is a call-down after the turn raise. Sometimes I feel like when an unknown raises a turn like this it could be because the second king made them feel like you're less likely to hold a king. In that case he could be raising with A7 or something. Also, couldnt he be semi-bluff raising with a flush draw since the second king makes the Hero's bets look like unimproved c-bets?
Old 12-30-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How terrible is a call-down after the turn raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not terrible. Most BB's would raise the flop K, and many love to bluff raise when the board pairs like that. Also, at that point you're getting 7 to 1 on your turn call, 8 to 2 (4 to 1) to call down overall. You might be good here once in five.