Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-27-2005, 02:53 AM

Default lake tahoe

So I just got back from a trip to tahoe. Here's what happened:

Wednesday night, partied with friends aware that we (me, mom, and brother) are supposed to leave at 4:00 AM for Lake Tahoe. I come home around 3:00 AM in bad shape and nobody else is ready to leave, so we resolve to leave at 3:00 PM next day.

We arrive at ~9:00 instead of 6:00 because we drive incredibly slow. We're staying at a reasonable place somewhere within the Heavenly Village.

On Friday, we finally ride. I just got all new board, binding and boots, and if you're curious I have a Nidecker "The Advanced" 157 which is super flexible, Nidecker Pro 800 bindings, and some really nice salomon boots that were 200$ and I don't know what they're called. The board is easy to ride and the boots are pretty tight since its the first day with them on. Me and Travis, my brother, ride pretty much everywhere and hit the smallish terrain park where we do some grabs off the jumps and some grinding on boxes. I'm afraid of rails. All in all a fun day despite terrible snow conditions; it had rained earlier and the snow sucked.

Saturday the snow sucked too. At night time I met up with my friends Sammy and the two Omars. We went to Omar S's place where we enjoyed a jacuzzi with some chicks and then jumped into the lake. It was super cold but the worst part was running on the sand back to the hot tub. ouch.

Saturday I am very sore and tired and the snow still sucks so I sit the day out. I get some good reading done from a book called Dreams, Memoirs, something, which is Jung's autobiography. It kicks ass. Was supposed to ride with the omars but the conditions sucked so they decided to go back.

Sunday the conditions were still horrible but I figured I had to go, so I did. Some of the key chairs were closed and it was crowded, which sucked. Also it was slushy and slow on the mountain which also sucked. I decide to race my brother at the end of the day and I was barrelling down the mountain and jumping over moguls which is usually stupid. I then took a huge fall after jumping one mogul and landing on the upside of another, then I got up and fell twice more and Travis caught up to me. Despite three falls I still won the race. woohoo!

Last day, I'm super sore, travis is in good spirits. The snow is finally nice as 18 inches fell the night before. The best chair is still closed, which sucks, but we have fun from 9-12 anyway. Then I go to the lodge because I have frostbite. My right toes are frozen and I have to sit for 1 hour to let them htaw out. I have my naked foot in my right hand when this very hot girl I know approaches me. It takes me a while to figure out who she is, but when I do we chat for a little. She laughs at my foot and I find out she's in town for 3 more days. too bad i'm not.

then i went home, the end
Old 12-27-2005, 03:51 AM

Default Re: lake tahoe

Sounds exactly like my trip to Bachelor last weekend ... but still, I gotta say ... meh. You could have at least snorted some coke or threw mannakins onto the interstate.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:56 AM

Awesome. I loved tahoe. You jumped in the lake? How cold was it there?
Old 12-27-2005, 04:44 AM

I'm planning on going sometime soon. Thanks
Old 12-27-2005, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Awesome. I loved tahoe. You jumped in the lake? How cold was it there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess the lake was 40 degrees, but it was probably more like 50. I forgot to mention, the coolest part was as I jumped back in to the hot tub it took like 30 seconds for me to feel anything. Then it hurt like a bitch for 5 seconds and felt great after that
Old 12-27-2005, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm planning on going sometime soon. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

If you board I would go ASAP. There'll be fresh snow pretty much every day this week and it was snowing as I was riding today.. conditions should be great in the very near future