Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Re: Basing Decisions on Pot odds???

I'm thinking of something that starts with an F and ends with a U, can you figure out
Old 12-26-2005, 04:45 AM

Sorry for being an [censored] Thundercats. That was wrong and I apologize.

I guess what I meant to say is that your post would probably be better suited for the small stakes forum where the posters are still new to the game and would be able to learn with you. You are clearly missing some major poker concepts that are crucial to being a winning poker player.

GL, thinking about the game and putting in the effort is a huge first step that many players never make.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:04 AM

Mr. Feel Nothin,

Hey I respect that and thank you, no hard feelings,

I think you are right, I've played the occasional $2/$4 game but most of the time I'm not even playing $1/$2 more like 25 cent and 50cent so I should post in that forum. I came here with a hand that I lost $400 originally in a $1/$2 table, but I don't normally play at that level.

I think my question was a good one (or I just don't understand yet why it isn't) I saw Howard Lederer on FoxSports talking about this yesterday as a beginner's mistake, guy bets on a flush draw calling pot odds 2 to 1, but really he was only 4 to 1 to win so he should have folded.

I also think back to Rounders (though just a movie, it's applicable here) when Mike folds A,5 top two pair, because he knows Teddy KJB has the straight already, there's a perfect example of not calling even though with top two pair and Teddy's range of hands he'd be getting the correct pot odds to call.

My point was you can't ALWAYS call just because you have pot odds, especially in a tournament.

Thanks again, Mr. Feel Nothin,

and I'll take your suggestion to move to the Small Stakes forum