Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 10:28 PM

Default Turn Line?

Limit: $10/20
5 players.

CO is 18/9/1.2 Usually pretty timid but capable of lagging it up with draws.
SB is 60/17/1.2 his open cap preflop, can only mean AA/KK/QQ, he hasn't even 3 bet me with AK so I doubt it's possible.

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with Ah As
UTG folds, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, SB Caps, BB folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 7h; 6d; Th (13SB, 3 players)
SB bets, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, SB Caps, CO calls, Hero calls.
Thoughts. I've got the SB beat, but what has the CO got?

Turn: 8h (12.5BB, 3 players)
SB checks, CO checks, Hero ?

Not sure on a turn line here, I think I'm getting check-raised often I'm sure the CO does this with a set or flush with the loose goose in between.
If we bet and get two callers do we bet a rag river card?
Old 12-22-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Turn Line?

Bet the turn. You very well may be three-betting, too, depending on what happens. I find it hard to believe that CO checks a set on this turn and I think you're almost certainly ahead of him; if your read on SB is accurate he's playing his hand awfully douche-ishly and I'd welcome his C/R. I'd be more worried that CO has the flush or a turned straight with 99 if he C/R's you both after you bet. But even if that happens you've got a big redraw the nut flush (barring some random straight flush if the flush comes via 6, 9, J of flush).

Defintiely bet the river if a rag falls.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:51 AM

I loved B5. Best sci-fi drama ever.

Easy bet.

Don't overthink this. You have a big hand backed by a huge draw. Nothing that happens on a 3-way turn can hurt you very much EV-wise.

There are monsters under the bed. But not everyone's bed all the time. If Villain 1) has the monster, 2) is psychic enough to realize you will bet on this super-scary board, and 3) manages to survive the river you will just have to payoff. Meanwhile there are bills to pay and rockets don't grow on trees. You have to make money off your good hands when you get them.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:14 AM

You're sure SB can't have TT? He might be raising a bit lighter than usual since you're 3-betting a CO steal attempt.

Yeah, I think you have to bet the turn, even though I don't want to get c/r'd. If behind you're drawing to the nut draw.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:18 AM

so you said he has aakkqq and you are still goin nuts on the flop. haha. i think ive played with you before. i enjoy the humor.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:56 AM

I bet, SB calls with KK and CO check-raises with KJh. I assume Victor makes fun because it was a super easy bet on the turn, it was my plan after that I was dithering about.