Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 12:30 AM

Default River two pair and villain wakes up

The table is a pretty bad table by party standards, and is filled with 25/20/2 people, but some of them are bad post-flop. Also I'm running to good at the table to make myself quit [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Villain is 30/23/1.5 over 200 hands, has been doing some wierd calldowns against me, but never been aggressive with air.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

I have to admit that i didn't really think this through while playing the hand, and intuitively just called thinking he wierdplayed JT, slowplayed a set, or had TT. In retrospect 3-betting seems tempting, but I doubt I'm able to fold to a cap. Some suggestions?
Old 12-22-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Re: River two pair and villain wakes up

standard. I really doubt your ahead of his range here enough times to warrant a three bet.

If you three bet and he caps are you really confident in your read that your hand will wont be good 1 out 10 times?