Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 12:19 AM

Default Re: Job That Couples Well w/ Online Poker On The Side?

male whore
Old 12-17-2005, 12:27 AM

I manage a warehouse that sells auto parts. I have 6 employees and they do all the work while I have weekends off and I usually leave at 3:30 in a company delivery car that has no markings on it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

During the day while my employees are running the show I read books by Ed Miller or other well known authors. At my last meeting of the head honchos they said they are looking into getting all of the locations the internet with new computers.

My job just keeps getting better and better. I suggest sell auto parts. By this time next year I should be getting in at least 500 hands per day while at work. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2005, 01:38 AM

i have been playing full-time for 2 years and i have also been thinking a lot of finding a job to both do "something productive" and also to meet people and actually socialize again. so i thought teaching would be great. wow, was i wrong. i have a degree in accounting but have always liked math. so i did what was required to teach math which consisted of passing a few exams and taking a 40 hour class. well, i found out it was a ton of work. not only that, the kids were very hard to deal with. granted i taught in l.a. so maybe it wouldn't be so bad if you taught in a smaller city. my first day, i was told to f-off about 50 times and then in my last period, i was hit with a full gatorade bottle. needless to say, i didn't return the next day. i decided to try subbing which would give me even more time to play poker and i wouldn't have to grade tests, deal with parents, prepare lesson plans, etc. but it still sucks. i'm going to stick with it for a little while but i seriously doubt it will be that much longer.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:06 AM

gymnastics instructor worked pretty well for me but you have to like kids. Stay in shape, hang out wiht lots of young coworkers, vary your hours as much as you like every new session depending on how poker is going, and stay in fairly good shape.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
male whore

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed
Old 12-17-2005, 04:02 AM

I was lucky enough to land a job in a call center for reporting business conduct issues. We were a 24/7 operation, but business was very slow in the off hours so there was only one staff member on at these times. Of course I volunteered for the slowest shifts (graveyard and weekends) so I could play poker at work without anyone knowing. If a call came in, I would sit out, do my work, and then return to playing poker. I could easily get in 6,7, or even 8 hours of playing during one 10 hour shift.

Of course, they eventually found out and fired me, but I would have quit if they didn't as I was making 3 times as much playing poker as I was working. And for the record, I was fired for downloadiing unapproved software onto the company network, not for playing poker at work in and of itself. Also, getting fired was the best thing that ever happened to me, career wise, as I have been a full time poker player since and have never looked back.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:05 AM

If you don't care about the money and are just doing it to be socially acceptable, just start your own home business doing whatever you want. Sell stuff on eBay, mow lawns, or whatever you deem socially acceptable.

Given your background, one thing that comes to mind immediately is some type of business doing tutoring in math and science to high school and/or college students. There is always demand for this, hourly rates are decent, and you set your own hours.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:46 AM

Thanks for all the advice. I'll be back later this weekend to comment.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hourly rates are decent

[/ QUOTE ]

Please put a $ number on "decent" for the US.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hourly rates are decent

[/ QUOTE ]

Please put a $ number on "decent" for the US.

[/ QUOTE ]
For private tutoring, you could probably get anywhere from $15-25 USD per hour.