Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 12:06 PM

Default Re: I can\'t fold

I think it's important to realize that his little $18 minraise is actually a $95 threat. If you call it, the pot will be $92 and he will have only $53 left with two more streets to go. He's almost pot commited himself at this point.

I don't think you should call with the idea of reevaluating on the turn. You need to decide what you are going to do now. If the stacks were deeper I would certainly call. In this situation I would need some kind of read to call. The question being, is he a bad enough player to limp/call out of position with AT or A7.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:35 PM

This decision is completely player dependent. Against a crazy player, I won't mind calling the flop and calling his all in on the turn (because I think 80% of the time, UTG is pot-committed already). If this guy is pretty tight-aggressive, I'll give him credit for the set, because there really isn't another hand that he should have, except AK (and that's not likely since he limps UTG).

That being said, it's probably impossible to give a correct answer without a read.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:37 PM

Call and check behind on the turn. If he leads the turn for more than half the pot I fold.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:38 PM

Ok, this made me re-think my post.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call, reevaluate the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this...

i dont understand people suggesting a push, thats probably the worst play, imo. a set is not folding and a flush is obviously calling. i c/c the turn and see what the river brings.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:40 PM

I agree you need to make a decision on this flop and I would probably fold to this min raise without a strong read.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:18 PM

This is a heavily situational dependant descision, you will frequently have your continuation bet challenged:

How often have you been raising preflop. Do you nearly always make a continuation bet. Is villian an aggresive player likly to make a bluff check raise. If all these are true I'd call or reraise. Otherwise you proabably up against a set, two pair.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:17 PM

I think you'd have to consider how often you've been raising preflop at the table. If you've been quite the aggressor, I could see someone making this move with an under pair like JJ or QQ (maybe he was getting sneaky not raising them preflop), trying to push you off something like KK or QQ with the scary ace out there. If this is actually the case, that's a ballsy move on his part...nh.

On second thought I don't think a set of 10's is totally out of the question. eeefffff...

Bottom line, you're probably going to have to let this one go as there's really no hand that you're legitimately beating that's re-raising this flop.