Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Re: $1,000 1 table freezeout. What do you do here???

If he raises any two preflop, why not limp-reraise?
Old 12-06-2005, 05:06 PM

lol, i dont understand this. NO ONE has a problem with betting 4.3x the pot? thats just ridiculous. i dont care what your hand is. there is ONE situation where it is ok. in a situation where you are 100% sure you are ahead here. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHERE YOU ARE AT. i call that raise with damn near every hand, ESPECIALLY if my opponent will shove 4300 into a 1k pot. ill call with 23. lol. sheesh.

ok, heres the thing. SOOO many hands have you in trouble here. you are NEVER that far ahead unless he has some idiotic hand like 79 no spades. do you realize, that 89 with 8 or 9 of spades, is 67.3/32.7 against you? thats how vulnerable your hand is. you cant say you are ahead now, because when the chips go in, HE is ahead. thats all there is to it.

you dont know you are ahead. you can justify that hes agressive blah blah he will bet with a hand blah blah, but you dont know that. unless hes a complete idiot, he will check a T to check shove you. he will check a flush. he will check a set. you are right to get the impression that he will check shove a 1500 bet or less, because its the correct play more often than not. i know we talked about this hand a lot last night, and even with the stacks like this, i still dont think you can possible consider a shove unless he turns his KJ with Ks over.

oh, as an aside, im not trying to be a dick i just woke up if i sound dicky im tryin to avoid it. grats on the victory, and yer right, its not a cut and dry play, because betting sucks and checking sucks. my argument is that shoving cant possibly be correct, he wont call with a worse hand, period, and i dont think he folds enough to make it worth putting 4.3x the pot in there. thats all i got. debate with me real quick ima get some food. holla
Old 12-06-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I mean, come on, people, I still have a lot of chips. And one of the main concepts of tourney poker is that it's ok to let go of a +EV situation if by doing so, you can make an even more +EV decision later on.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you do the following:

1) replace "main concepts" with "most abused and misunderstood concepts"
2) remove yourself from the box enough to realize that you are abusing and misunderstanding the concept that you (while using a really, really arrogant tone) inform us all of

you will:

3) be better off in the long run

c

[/ QUOTE ]

So where's the arrogance here? Definitely not in OP's posts. All he has done is answer questions on his thoughts in this hand, calling his replies arrogant is ricockulous
Old 12-06-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But if I bet 1500 or less, I know he'll push with any 2. What should I do???

Results to come later

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm. If you *know* he'll do this, isn't it obvious u should bet 1500 & call his push?
Old 12-06-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Results to come later

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm. If you *know* he'll do this, isn't it obvious u should bet 1500 & call his push?

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, you are like, SO late with this reply.

c
Old 12-06-2005, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Results to come later

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, you are like, SO late with this reply.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, sorry, i should have read your detailed & brilliant reply first.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I play poker for a living and do very well, thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize for bumping this thread, but this made me piss my pants.

Please inform the forum of where and when you plan to play next.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:49 PM

"One quick note - seems like on your preflop read, villian might not be as aggressive as you thought. I'm still kinda new at this, but wouldn't most players rank KJ at or ahead-of A-low or 33 heads up? And yet he just called with it. "

When he is first into the pot he's aggressive. I was playing pretty tight so when I raise preflop, he already knows it's something kinda strong, so he would only call with kj and not raise.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:55 PM

"No offense, but you are insane doubledown. If all of the things you said about the opponent are 100% true, then you fold because you know what he does every hand and CAN get a better situation. BUT it is unlikely that all of this is always true, and I think you are exageratting your read. You also came here already having your mind made up about what was right and what was wrong, so there was really no point to posting because all you wanted was people who would agree with you. If you can really pick up a read this strong than you probably win every heads up you play. None the less, I think you exagerated a lot and don't really know your opponent that well. "

I appreciate the criticism.You're right, of course my read isn't as accurate as I'm making it out to be. but I would have to say that of all of the posts that people have made for this thread, almost no one has actually said what they thought they would do. it's just been a bunch of criticisms on my thought process. Keep in mind, I pushed, and the only reason why i am posting is because 2 people who I respect greatly told me that that was a horrible play. So I'm trying to figure out what would be better. Alex, what would you do?
Old 12-06-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"No offense, but you are insane doubledown. If all of the things you said about the opponent are 100% true, then you fold because you know what he does every hand and CAN get a better situation. BUT it is unlikely that all of this is always true, and I think you are exageratting your read. You also came here already having your mind made up about what was right and what was wrong, so there was really no point to posting because all you wanted was people who would agree with you. If you can really pick up a read this strong than you probably win every heads up you play. None the less, I think you exagerated a lot and don't really know your opponent that well. "

I appreciate the criticism.You're right, of course my read isn't as accurate as I'm making it out to be. but I would have to say that of all of the posts that people have made for this thread, almost no one has actually said what they thought they would do. it's just been a bunch of criticisms on my thought process. Keep in mind, I pushed, and the only reason why i am posting is because 2 people who I respect greatly told me that that was a horrible play. So I'm trying to figure out what would be better. Alex, what would you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

We all said you should bet t1500 because you told us that that's the right play.