Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Video TStone coached me on - Part 2

Here is the second video TStone I sent TStone to coach me on. Only 13 minutes long, and action packed! I use my cursor to highlight options when I am unsure of my move, so please comment on hypotheticals, as well as actual play. I will post TStone's review after I get some comments here.

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~dpg221/SpicyDec1.avi

Thanks,
Spicymoose
Old 12-04-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Video TStone coached me on - Part 2

You have AT and opens in CO.
Buttons CC. He is 29/6 and very aggressive.

Flop is 33Tr and u bet out and it is capped.
Turn is a 9
You c/c turn
Unless the player likes to trap with KK,AA in spots like this there is no chance he has you beat. 95% of the times he has a weaker Ten or same hand.

I'd checkraise this board any day against an unknown.

River is a 6
At least bet the river if you c/c turn.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Turn is a 9
You c/c turn
Unless the player likes to trap with KK,AA in spots like this there is no chance he has you beat. 95% of the times he has a weaker Ten or same hand.

River is a 6

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I agree with the turn check raise. I guess I just got scared when the flop got capped, but there really isn't all that much he could have that beats me.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:47 PM

It does not look like you are taking notes on anyone? In an early hand you got donkbet twice by 56 on a 78Q board, you folded, and he showed. That tells you a lot about the motivations of that player.

Also, the time you take to act gives away a lot of info. Try to mix up how long you pause a little more.

Old 12-04-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It does not look like you are taking notes on anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]
You are right, I don't. I also don't pay attention enough when I multitable, but when I am single-tabling, I really have no excuse. I need to develop some sort of good note taking system, and put it into action.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the time you take to act gives away a lot of info. Try to mix up how long you pause a little more.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I can see some slight advantages to doing this, but I don't know how big this actually is. I guess pausing a bit when I know I am going to call my flush draw might make a villain more likely to bet a flush river. I don't know exactly how much our time in taking decisions influences our opposition.

Thanks for these non-hand. Stuff like this I really need to be thinking more about, and can be just as important as how I actually play different hands.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:21 PM

7:44
I don't think completing K4o is good.
Anywys, T 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flop gets checked through
The turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I see you're hesitating here. Seems like you fear of a failed C/R attempt of BB or a loose peel with OK cards that have a ton of equity against you. So you check, checked through. River is 5. BB bets out and you call.
If he's a player who tries to stab, he might have done it on the turn with hi cards/ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], etc.
So it rather seems plausible the river actually helped him (low card).
I don't know if paying off the river in a tiny pot like this is OK.

11:55
you open in the SB with 96o against a very agressive player, aginst whom you had to give up in a similar situation some hands ago. I think that's horrible.

Flop is 452 monotone, giving you a 9-high flush draw, you check raise and he calls. Turn is an offsuit king. You lead.
I don't see you'll win often here. He'll either call you down with his marginal holdings, or raise you with better ones (he might raise/fold 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]).

If he'll 3-bet you preflop with crap hands that can be convinced not to SD against a King turn, than your original idea, to steal was wrong.

12:38
same SB vs BB situation. Now you have 55 in the SB.
He 3-bets you preflop. You cap OOP. I don't like it.
He will very rarely 3-bet you with cards that you have decent equity (55%++) against (the only example might be A4).
Flop comes A88, you bet, he raises, you fold.
I think you have to call here and try to catch a 5 on the turn.* He might even check through the turn (OK, rather unlikely).

*I'm unsure about this: you'll get paid only if you catch a 5 and he really has an ace. If he really has an ace, he's got a redraw even if you catch a 5.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:29 PM

what kind of codec do i need to play this through windows media player
Old 12-04-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what kind of codec do i need to play this through windows media player

[/ QUOTE ]

www.xvidmovies.com/codec/
Old 12-04-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Turn is a 9
You c/c turn

River is a 6

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I agree with the turn check raise. I guess I just got scared when the flop got capped, but there really isn't all that much he could have that beats me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing here. There is a very small chance he has a 3 so unless he is fastplaying TT or coldcalled pf with JJ-AA you are ahead. You want to decide how many bets go in on the turn and river. I think you want 2 or 3. If 4 bets go in you lose and if 1 goes in you didn't get the value. Using this model I think that a turn CR is bad because he has shown enough strength that you may get 3 bet and have to call down or fold the best hand. He also may finally give you credit for an overpair or a better T and fold as well. I think the way to play this is a check/call on the turn and donk/call the river brick. Knowing his hand helps a lot though so this may not be totally objective.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:21 PM

This was main thing I saw also. Very few players would be in there with a 3 or play it that aggressively, they would rather smooth call the three bet and raise again on the turn.

Really the only hand you should fear is JJ, anything bigger he would have 3 bet preflop and probably would have with the JJ also. I check raise the turn every time with a low turn card.