Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 12:20 AM

Default Re: How would you react? B&M Confrontation last night

I would probably just laugh (or smirk) and shake my head.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:28 AM

I would make fun of him in a way he wouldn't understand.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would smile, walk over, shake his hand, and wish him good luck. I'd show him what it's like to be a gentleman. Never understimate the power of a good example. Even if it doesn't change his behavior, I won't have to make a post about how I told somebody to go f*ck himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

But what if you go to shake his hand and then he pulls away at the last moment and slicks his hair back? Can you really risk it?

No. You can't.

The only option is to kill his whole family, his families friends, and even the people that owe him money. Then disappear.

[/ QUOTE ]
this isnt right. if you kill him, the people that owed him money now owe you money. you dont kill them until after they pay you. killing people that owe you money is -ev

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said to kill him. Read it again. Just his family and his families friends. You also have to burn their homes to the ground. Death would only end his suffering. You must leave him alive to tell his tale of despair. To make sure no one ever dares to mock you again. Ever.

HIs happiness in life, in his own words, was simple: "To vanquish your enemies, to chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth, to see those dear to them bathed in tears, to clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." --Gengis Khan
Old 11-13-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is easy to be respectful when nobody is being disrespectful. He gave you a great opportunity to practice being respectful when it is difficult to be respectful and you passed it up. Next time take him up on his offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is easy to be respectful when nobody is being disrespectful. He gave you a great opportunity to practice being respectful when it is difficult to be respectful and you passed it up. Next time take him up on his offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO, respect is earned. This giant douche deserves no respect. I still don't think granting him the satisfaction of a word-war would accomplish anything, but being "respectful" toward him isn't warranted by any means.

Simply ignoring him (VERY disrespectful BTW) and wishing the rest of the table good luck (respectful to everyone else) is my move.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He did not react that way to anyone else in previous hands. I myself was quiet as a mouse up to that point. Without knowing me, (jakethebake can vouch) I am not a boisterous person by any means, especially when playing poker. I keep to myself at the tables other than some friendly chit chat now and then.

[/ QUOTE ]

As someone who generally stays very quiet at the tables, I can say from experience that this is probably one thing that influenced him to pick on you. Much like the bullies in middle school target the meekest kids, so do the assholes of the adult world focus on people they deem to be easy targets.

My general reply is to either ignore the person or, in the rare case the [censored] seems inclined to repeat the behavior, is to take subtle jabs at the person. Yes, it's passive aggressive (something I'm usually not, by any means) but I've found it's more successful than the 'fight fire with fire' approach, which will just result in bigger arguments and the "let's take this outside," lines.

Stay calm and composed. A couple well-timed comments that get others at the table laughing really does seem to deflate their egos in a hurry.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:45 AM

i would be forced to be the dog shite out of him, but i can be pretty unreasonable at times. saying bye bye is one thing but putting a hand in your face is fight club.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My original thought was to actually laugh, but yelling "EL OH EL" really loud in his face is probably even better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this idea.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:34 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

My reaction? I think you both should grow up.

b
Old 11-13-2005, 05:40 AM

Clearly the correct response when he leaned over was to pull him onto the table and give him a wedgie.

And if that could not be done, tell him to come outside and proceed with extreme prejudice. Do not argue as shouting scenes look silly, just tell him straight and walk out.