Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: UW - Iowa

LMAO! Anyone watching the LSU/Bama game? after LSU won, CBS showed a shot of the LSU crowd and 2 dudes were in the middle of the crowd kissing each other after the LSU win. lol I didn't know that there are open gays in the south.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Re: College Football - Nov 12

[ QUOTE ]
GEAUX TIGERS

[/ QUOTE ]
The cardiac cats pulled it off again! Being an LSU fan is giving me an ulcer. It seems like every signifcant game they have played this year has come down to the wire!
Old 11-12-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LMAO! Anyone watching the LSU/Bama game? after LSU won, CBS showed a shot of the LSU crowd and 2 dudes were in the middle of the crowd kissing each other after the LSU win. lol I didn't know that there are open gays in the south.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are PLENTY. In college.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol I didn't know that there are open gays in the south.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am a grad student at LSU and have a couple of friends (professors) that are openly homosexual. The LSU area is a bit more permissive than other areas, which is good. We have our homophobic bigots sure, but we (more liberal people) are not afraid to openly ridicule/make fun of them.

(Unfortunately some moronic rednecks insist on waving around that asinine purple and gold rebel flag, but that is another story.)
Old 11-12-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone watching the LSU/Bama game? I "love" watching these punting matches.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should of watched the notre dame game it was a real battle. They let navy score 21 on them that's impressive. USC and Texas games are always a real hoot, they score forty points on some of the best teams in the country I mean cal secondary had to be some of the fastest Ive seen. I hope USC will play a game where its not just a scoring fest or this football season will be a complete letdown. And this kissing that wouldn't seem like such a suprise if you have ever been to New Orleans
Old 11-12-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anyone watching the LSU/Bama game? I "love" watching these punting matches.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should of watched the notre dame game it was a real battle. They let navy score 21 on them that's impressive. USC and Texas games are always a real hoot, they score forty points on some of the best teams in the country I mean cal secondary had to be some of the fastest Ive seen. I hope USC will play a game where its not just a scoring fest or this football season will be a complete letdown. And this kissing that wouldn't seem like such a suprise if you have ever been to New Orleans

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but watching a game where there's like 15 punts and where one WR drops 7 passes isn't very enjoyable. The SEC's offense this year is just inept. Case in point: USC lights up Arkansas 70-17 but all powerful Alabama beats Arkansas 24-13 or something like that and can only muster up 300 yards of total offense against such a terrible team.

No, blow outs aren't very enjoyable to watch, but either are games with inept offenses. A game that WAS fun to watch was the USC/ND game.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:49 PM

What did you think of the Ohio State - Penn State game? To say that both teams have inept offenses would be completely ignorant. However, it was extremely low scoring, all punting, all field position. The game was decided by turnovers and field position.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:01 PM

I agree the ND USC game was a good one, and I beleive ND should of won that. But it was still an offensive slugfest, and I remember when the Big 10 was a defensive conference like the sec. Take Urban Meyer for example he comes to the sec with the reputation of an offensive genius and hes bringing the almighty west coast offense to the sec. Well thats working out great. It works when it doesn't get disrupted by a defense but week in and week out it can't work in the SEC. Arkansas defense was on the field the entire game while USC had 4 and 5 play drives for tds which takes a toll on a defense USC just hit all cylinders that game. These big 10 teams just arent balanced each week Minn wins by 30 pts and then they lose by 30. Mich st same thing and with mich, wisc and the rest of them. Penn state has a top 6 team their holding it down respectfully. Alabama has a good team probably top 7, if their offensive line was just mediocre their probably TOp 4 th
Old 11-12-2005, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bringing the almighty west coast offense to the sec.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would not classify Meyer's offense as "west coast" like the creation of Walsh, Seifert, et al. From what I understand, Meyer's offense, the "spread option," is his own concoction that utilizes seom of the short passes the 49er/"west coast" does, but is a combination of several different sources of inspiration.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:13 AM

Default Re: College Football - Nov 12

OMFG Auburn!