Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-04-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: My last NL post for a while

[ QUOTE ]
check/raise and put no more money in the pot, if you want a chance to win it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't dislike this idea.... but what happened to pot control? Unloading money OOP with a fairly weak hand does not feel right. In fact, none of my options feel right here... which is why I defaulted to pussy-ville.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:25 PM

I'm only gonna say this one more time: fold preflop. When this guy comes in before the flop you have to think that he may have a higher pair than u. Thus, you can (in good conscience) continue on with a set. 7/8 times u miss a set and lose around 250 or so. That one time that u do hit your set do you get a 250 profit from this guy? If he's good then he will prolly pay you at most 250 when u hit.

Indy
Old 11-04-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm no great cash game player but how about a fold preflop?

lol...

[/ QUOTE ]
COME ON.

hes alreeady said he only plays tournament poker where the stacks are short and there is no such thing as "no set, no bet"
Old 11-04-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In fact, none of my options feel right here... which is why I defaulted to pussy-ville.

[/ QUOTE ]
obviously your instincts were off so i think you did the right thing, get up grab a bite to eat, get a nap and refresh.

sometimes its just not working for ya. come back later when you feel better about the situation. many top players have said that they can tell you when they are going to lose before they ever do b/c its a feel thing. get your mind right and go back and play your A game.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:31 PM

hes alreeady said he only plays tournament poker where the stacks are short and there is no such thing as "no set, no bet"

Sorry, I don't read every single post that goes on this board...I didn't know.

If it makes anyone feel any better, change my "lol" to "no". Not trying to hurt feelings, but it was a funny question in a mid-high stakes forum.

- C -
Old 11-04-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm only gonna say this one more time: fold preflop. When this guy comes in before the flop you have to think that he may have a higher pair than u. Thus, you can (in good conscience) continue on with a set. 7/8 times u miss a set and lose around 250 or so. That one time that u do hit your set do you get a 250 profit from this guy? If he's good then he will prolly pay you at most 250 when u hit.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]
Why am I losing $250? The raise pre-flop was to $40 and everyone has almost $1000 behind. Please stop hijacking my piss and moan thread [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 04:36 PM

$35 x 7.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:37 PM

$245

i win!
Old 11-04-2005, 04:41 PM

Why is everybody laughing at me? This is a full table right??? Ok, so a guy (EP?) raises 4 times the BB and you want this guy to invest a couple hundred bucks just to feel around and see if this guy maybe,sorta, perhaps just has two overcards? Its no great play to call here, just do the math. I'm not saying its wrong, but this pot is not multiway and there's no guarantee that you make anything even if u do hit. Am I missing something here? We all have mental blocks on stuff. Help a brother out.

Indy
Old 11-04-2005, 04:43 PM

wtf, are you still in MD? where the hell are you playing a live 5/10 game in the afternoon? or are you up in AC for the weekend? (if you even remember me, we played in a 1/2PL game together for a while like 2 years ago)

like others said, you simply need to be leading the flop more often if betting out is giving away your hand here.