Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 10-28-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Party VIP offers - November

$400 for 13,000 hands. I play mostly $10/20 full.

He said if I play more than that or at a higher level they'd probably adjust the November bonus and my December offer.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:05 PM

My Oct offer was $700 for 18k hands.
I expressed some disappointment and was told that we could look into a potentially better offer next month.
I would be called on or before Nov 1 with an update for my November offer. I was told this more than once.

(fwiw - I had played 8k+ hands already when I got the Oct offer...and maybe only 2k hands since then because I've been pretty busy).

I sent an e-mal yesterday expressing that I was looking forward to receiving an offer for November (since I hadn't heard from them yet) and that I could potentially bring 40k-50k hands per month over to Party if the incentives were good.
I apologized for not playing much more in October but, as I had told her earlier, I would be travelling for th end of the month.

I got a voice-mail from my rep yesterday (yes...actually left a voice-mail when I didn't hear the phone ring).

She said that she was surprised and a bit confused by my e-mail since we already had talked about November...etc etc.

I wrote back (because I don't want to call internationally) that we had never set any November goals. Only for October.
I said that she had mentioned more than once that she would be calling me again on or before Nov 1 with a new offer...and that if we had arrangements for November I was unaware of them.

That was yesterday at 6p or so that I sent the follow-up e-mail.
I have not received a phone-call nor an e-mail from my party rep today.

Some of you guys who are in the 7-9 cents/hand range seem to be doing pretty well.
I would be satisfied with such an offer. But I have my doubts that I am actually going to get one.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some of you guys who are in the 7-9 cents/hand range seem to be doing pretty well.
I would be satisfied with such an offer. But I have my doubts that I am actually going to get one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you going to give PartyPoker the bulk of your business if they don't give you a decent offer?

Stu
Old 10-28-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob, it might cause less confusion on the value of these offers if everyone started to refer to them in terms of BB/100 at the level they play.

When viewed as cents/hand, its obvious that higher stakes players should get better offers than lower stakes players.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:03 PM

I haven't made up my mind yet.

PokerStars is putting together a VIP club at some point which I am hoping is competitive. If it is then Party will be seeing quite a bit less of me.
Who wants my business more? If one site makes a better offer than the other then I have to consider it.

I'm also not opposed to playing at the former-skins or even crypto.
I still have RB on both and I don't think the game-selection is nearly as bad as some think.

Party will probably still get SOME of my play...because I want to stay in the VIP club in case a decent offer comes along some month (I would love to play X amount of hands or points to earn a land-based tourney entry).

But while I'm waiting for a GREAT offer, Party can either get A LOT (95% or more) to very little (10% or less) of my play depending on how good their offer is.

I've got somewhere around 40k-50k hands per mth (or potentially more) that are going to go SOMEWHERE.
How many of those they want is up to them.

I'm telling Party that I'm interested. their current Oct offer for me of about 2.6 cents per hand is not going to cut it.

The fact that my rep seemed to forget that she was supposed to call me for a November offer AND that she hasn't gotten back to me yet after learning that we had some confusion is leaving me a bit unimpressed.
I know, I know...it's only 24 hours...and they are still putting this thing together.

But, as a customer, it's up to them to impress me....and 24-hours or more with no response after they had confusion on their end regarding a november offer AND after they gave me a pretty iffy offer in October to begin with is all starting to add up.

I don't even think I'm that stuck up about it.

I'm really hoping that Party comes to me with a decent offer. But if they don't then there isn't much I can do.

FWIW, here are the e-mails I sent. Note that I'm the one who is apologizing for their mistake and that i'm taking a polite and professional tone (in other words, I'm not as harsh in my e-mails to them as I am in my posts here on 2+2 ABOUT them).

Naturally, these posts could get back to party as well (Mike OMalley has already appeared in this thread) but in the actual e-mails I think I'm going the best possible route to get an attractive offer from them.

The fact that I have to work so hard just to get an offer from them (send an e-mail, wait a day or two, send another e-mail, miss a phone-call, send another e-mail) is kind of annoying too. But I think that's very much my fault as well as I've been kind of hard to track down on the phone the past few days since I've been travelling.

anyway, these are the most recent e-mails I have sent -

Hello -
I have read in the 2+2 forums that some VIP players
are receiving offers for their upcoming November play.
Hoping to get a worthwhile offer as well.

As I indicated previously, my play at the end of
October was limited due to traveling in the past
several days.

I believe I can bring 40k-50k hands over to Party
(from other sites) if a worthwhile incentive is
provided.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Bob

(then, after I received the voice-mail from her where she expressed confusion because she thought we already had an agreement)

Hi - I received your voice-mail.
Thanks for getting back in touch with me.
I meant no harm by my previous e-mail and hope it
didn't cause any problems.

You said in the voice-mail that you were confused
because we had already reached an agreement for
Novemnber.
This is not true.
We had something set up for October....but you said a
few times that you would call me on Nov 1 or sooner to
talk about a potentially better deal.
So I was just writing to you to say that I was looking
forward to it.

If we already have an arrangement for November then I
am not aware of it...because you had specifically said
that the offer you gave was for October only and we
could look at a new goal for November.

Thanks.
Sorry again for the confusion.

- Bob
Old 10-28-2005, 07:06 PM

I got $55 for 480 raked hands. Is this the smallest amount yet? I hadn't played on party in a long time.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:24 PM

Question: Is party poker just calling everyone and offering deals, or do I have to contact them first and ask for a deal? I haven't received any such calls.

Mistaken
Old 10-28-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are looking for something to replace rakeback this isn’t it. Rakeback was never allowed at Party (or through the skins) and I don’t believe it ever will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody expects the VIP program to replace rakeback. However if it is to be successful in attracting high volume players it has to be competitive with rakeback.

I've been participating in the October offer only as an experiment to see if I get a competitive November offer. If I don't get a competitive offer PartyPoker might as well close my account after I cash out.

I suspect many other players share the same feelings.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-28-2005, 08:10 PM

Im a sng'er also and I am looking for about the same deal. I just emailed them and waiting to hear back. Seems Sng'ers are getting the same offers?
Old 10-28-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got $55 for 480 raked hands. Is this the smallest amount yet? I hadn't played on party in a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

That works out to ~11.5 cents a hand. If they offered me that I would feel they are being reasonable. I got offered 2.5 cents per hand and to be honest...I feel insulted.

Stu