Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 10-21-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Vegas in December.

I'm with you. Maybe 10 years ago, when I first started playing it was a little tougher, but now it seems like there are 8 horrible players at every table. I play 15-30 at Bellagio and there are usually 4-6 horrible players. Occasionally I play 4-8 and have never been disappointed in my competition in the last 5 years or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disappointed how so? If its because the players are bad, (which in my experience is definately the case) I don't understand. Bad players +EV. If its because they are good, I am confused, again because Bellagio $4-8 players are at best, marginally competent during the day, but at night, there are several complete newbies at each table, the games are fantastic. I agree with you about $15-30, at night the games a quite good.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm with you. Maybe 10 years ago, when I first started playing it was a little tougher, but now it seems like there are 8 horrible players at every table. I play 15-30 at Bellagio and there are usually 4-6 horrible players. Occasionally I play 4-8 and have never been disappointed in my competition in the last 5 years or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disappointed how so?

[/ QUOTE ]

he said never disappointed
Old 10-21-2005, 01:12 PM

I should never post minutes after waking up...
Old 10-21-2005, 01:49 PM

Why should you post minutes after waking up?
Old 10-21-2005, 02:01 PM

To suffer the slings and arrow of outrageous fortune...obviously...
Old 10-21-2005, 02:36 PM

For low limit games I prefer Luxor. There is always a 2/4 game going and the games are very soft. The staff are friendly and knowledgable. They also offer jackpots for called hands of quads or better. If I remeber right, there must be $10 in called bets in the pot. Quads pay $20, straight flushed $50, and royals $100. The Las Vegas Review Journal voted Luxor best poker room in town
Old 10-21-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PS- you realize it's well nigh impossible to beat vegas rake/ tips/ drinks (don't pretend you're not gonna order drinks) this low, yes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try the 3/6 at MGM on a Friday or Saturday night, the rake/tips are negligible when compared to the opportunities. The drinks are only $1, at least that's what I tip.

You can't go wrong with the MGM.

good luck
Old 10-21-2005, 06:45 PM

I agree 100% about the Luxor. I played there a tad less then an hour in the $50 max buy-in NL this morning (around 5:00 am). Cashed out with over $500. I wish all poker room visits would go this good :-)
YMMV.

Best of Luck

Howard
Old 10-21-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree 100% about the Luxor. I played there a tad less then an hour in the $50 max buy-in NL this morning (around 5:00 am). Cashed out with over $500. I wish all poker room visits would go this good :-)
YMMV.

Best of Luck

Howard

[/ QUOTE ]

I would probably rather jump up and down on a bed of rusty nails than play at the Luxor. The dealers are awful, the structure of the games is awful, the drink service is awful, and the tourneys are awful. With so many other poker rooms nearby that have better games, why on earth play at the damned Pyramid?
Old 10-21-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
YMMV.

Best of Luck

Howard

[/ QUOTE ]

I would probably rather jump up and down on a bed of rusty nails than play at the Luxor. The dealers are awful, the structure of the games is awful, the drink service is awful, and the tourneys are awful. With so many other poker rooms nearby that have better games, why on earth play at the damned Pyramid?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow I don't think I have ever disagreed with Howard before and I can't completly this time but the Luxor Suxors. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The stucture of the games is very poor but the level of play does help make up for that.

The tournaments on the other hand have the worst structure ever and I would need to get paid to play in another one again.

Mike