Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-19-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: What if you fell 30 ft?

[ QUOTE ]
I think paratroopers roll sideways or something, but I don't know how to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'd do whatever PLF was correct for my body orientation at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
PLF = parachute landing fall.

I'm not in the military, but I've talked with friends/seen/read about it. It'd be a shot in the dark for me to try it, but better than just flailing around.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:00 PM

That would be something to impress your old classmates with on a reunion.

And I would land on my feet. Not ever would I land on my back as some said since I wouldn't be able to breathe for about 1 hour afterwards.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:06 PM

One of my friends from high school goes to UCLA, and over a year ago before finals he was trying to take a shortcut in between houses to get to another street to find a party. Anyways, he jumps over this wall and he thinks its like 10 feet down, turns out its over 20 feet, and he breaks both his feet and was in a wheel chair for almost all of summer.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:09 PM

I always try not to laugh at other people's misery. This time, I failed.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a link to some of the Parkour guys video.

http://www.le-parkour.com/leparkour.avi

They have other ones there too.

The movie I was talking about was Banlieue 13, and I'm hoping Netflix gets it. If not, I may buy it. Anyway, I saw a video in which a guy was doing all kinds of crazy stuff. The video here that I linked to is not quite that wild, but still shows a guy running up the side of a house, doing a very cool jump onto a narrow handrail, and some cool acrobatics. Lots of talk in it, but worth the download.

[/ QUOTE ]

This one is pretty cool.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/29618/run_escape_jump/
Old 10-19-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always try not to laugh at other people's misery. This time, I failed.

[/ QUOTE ]

We used to mess with him a little bit, doing stuff like pushing his wheelchair into a corner or something, or just leaving him in the car at a friends house and walking away for a minute.

It was hilarious, until I broke my elbow and was in a full arm cast. We were a bunch of cripples who couldn't drive, so a friend would pick us up and we'd go to the mall or something and people would give us the stragest looks. Imagine a guy with 1 arm pushing a guy in a wheel chair, a few times we told people that we were the victims of a drunk driver and they'd get this horrible look on their faces before we busted up laughing.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

We used to mess with him a little bit, doing stuff like pushing his wheelchair into a corner or something, or just leaving him in the car at a friends house and walking away for a minute.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO, that is some funny [censored], since it was a temporary injury...
Old 10-19-2005, 06:26 PM

This one is pretty cool.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/29618/run_escape_jump/

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a cool sequence. Thanks.

Swede
Old 10-19-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a few times we told people that we were the victims of a drunk driver and they'd get this horrible look on their faces before we busted up laughing.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol nice
Old 10-19-2005, 06:31 PM

I was playing hide and seek with some schoolmates when I was about 7 or 8. There was a cliff behind the school that was about 50 feet in height. There was a small ledge about five feet from the top of the cliff that looked like an unbeatable hiding spot. I walked up the hill until I was above the ledge. I slowly lowered my left leg over the edge until I reached the shelf. In this position my weight was completely centered on my left leg with my right leg still on top well above my hip. As I attempted to move my right leg down I lost my balance and pitched forward. There was a remarkably limbless pine tree about ten feet out from the cliff. My last desperate thought as I peeled from the cliff like a flying squirrel was to push off in an attempt to catch the tree. Unfortunately, when I got to the tree I had already fallen about ten feet and was moving way to fast to hold on. I gave it my best bear hug but mostly just slid/bounced off slowly rotating backwards. The ground beneath the cliff was fairly soft grassless soil covered in pine needles. I landed flat on my back and the air in my lungs exited violently leaving me gasping like a fish on the bank of a river. I was absolutely unhurt. I believe the tree, although removing a large portion of the skin on my arms, actually slowed me down enough that in combination with the relatively soft ground and the sheer stupid luck and flexibility of a young boy landing perfectly flat on my back, arms out to my side, saved me from injury. Unfortunately, I was expelled from that school the next day.