Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 01:36 PM

Default tough limit jump

I've recently made the jump from $1-$2 pacific where many a fish can be found, to $2-$4. Wow! What a skill difference. Virtually every player I've seen so far is a TAG doing all sorts of tricky moves. I've been quite lucky so far and have won some big pots, but am thinking of dropping back down cos I don't think I have an edge over anyone.
The upside though is that it's exciting, thinking poker.

What's the toughest limit jump in your opinions?
Old 09-27-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Re: tough limit jump

I hope you're talking about NL... making moves in 2/4 limit seems to be an oxymoron?
Old 09-28-2005, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you're talking about NL... making moves in 2/4 limit seems to be an oxymoron?

[/ QUOTE ]

actually it is limit I'm talking about. By moves, I mean people doing stuff like checking on flop, getting checked through and then check/raising on the turn with a total bluff. It gets really hard to know if you're ahead or not against people like this.
The other tough thing is that people just fold when you do have a good hand. I think I need to become a better bluffer to show any kind of profit..
Old 09-28-2005, 02:53 AM

Don't give them more credit than they deserve. If you do you will be making a big mistake. The players down there suck. Trust me. I made thousands playing 2/4 on pacific.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:21 AM

i too made much money playing $2/4, and have always thought it had been the easiest limit i'd ever played (though i played at empire). the last thing i would do if i were you is start bluffing.

the toughest jump i've ever made was from $5/10 to $10/20. the difference in aggression on all streets was staggering.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:36 AM

At the lower limits, straightforward play is best. Don't get too fancy against a person that doesn't know any better