Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 05:44 PM

Default I need some help with offshore banking

Hello,

I need some help with offshore banking. There are so many webpages about it on the web that I feel lost. Can anybody with some experience in this area recommend me webpage, book , other info or just some banks I should look at ?
Thanks for help.

Best wishes
Old 09-01-2005, 12:39 AM

Default Re: I need some help with offshore banking

www.irs.gov

Seek help first....small problems latter
seek help after....small cell
Old 09-01-2005, 03:40 AM

I dont know if you realize but not everybody have this great possibility to begin fruitful co-operation with IRS cause there are other places in the world beside US.
Also note that I asked question about offshore banking, not taxes. I have no problem with taxes, I have problem with information about offshore banking.
I think there are few people on this forum who can share some useful information... anybody can help ?

Best wishes
Old 09-01-2005, 09:11 AM

Talk to an accountant or a finanical planner.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:28 AM

It depends entirely on what you want it for. Is it:

1. To avoid taxes
2. For investment purposes
3. To hide it from the wife
4. Other

Do you want to know the legal aspects? What the cops can check up on? What jurisdictions have policies not to give out information? What jurisdictions actually don't give out information? How secure your money is in various places?

You need to be more specific man. If it's 1, talk to a good financial advisor, the world has changed since 9/11 and privacy has gone down the toilet. A lot of what applies is specific to what country you live in. For example, the U.S. can access many banks that other countries can't. Since 9/11 they made access to foreign's banks account records a condition of doing business, and squeezed those that wouldn't comply using various means, which means it's very hard to get privacy if you're in the U.S. with an offshore account.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:38 AM

Yea, where can i get a bank account offshore to help me avoid taxes. Where my money is safe?

thanks
tax dodging truth
Old 09-01-2005, 10:05 AM

Thanks for reply, I will give more info.
I live in Poland where online poker is illegal.
As soon as finish my university I will move to UK (if online poker will still be as profitable as it is and if I will be as profitable as I am now).
To this time I need offshore account to be safe from any tax control in my country. Again I dont have a choice as probably many other people living in countries like Poland. Online poker is illegal here, money from online poker are illegal too, you cant play taxes , period.
I know recent EU tax changes and I know that few jurisdictions (Switzerland, Luxemburg, Belgium, some islands ...) have policy which allow you to pay new taxes without giving any information about your account to your home jurisdictions. I will gladly pay this tax.
I found a few sites who offer what seems to be account meeting my requirements , for example : http://www.lloydstsb.com/
but I really dont have a clue which banks are trustworthy and which are not. I need some sources (webpages, consultants, anything) when I could read about this whole area and then choose my bank.
My basic requirements are :
-full internet service
-debit card (not credit card needed ) Visa or Maestro
-international money transfers to other accounts available
-some investments funds would be nice but I dont really need them for now

Ok I hope its clear now. Could you give me some tips now ? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Best wishes
Old 09-01-2005, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Talk to an accountant or a finanical planner.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is its difficult to find person with good knowledge about this area in Poland (I am sure there are such persons but I tried and didnt find any).

Best wishes
Old 09-01-2005, 10:21 AM

Well, I don't know much about offshore banks, but LLoyds TSB is one of the largest banks in the UK, and if they are offering something that suits you, I'm sure they can be trusted.

Best wishes.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea, where can i get a bank account offshore to help me avoid taxes

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not my intention. I dont want to avoid EU tax on savings. I dont want to avoid taxes in Poland too cause there arent any from online poker. Its just illegal and money from it are treated like money from drugs trading. Its not like US. You cant pay taxes and then worry if your money are legal. Its diffrent system here.
I need an account which will allow me to pay EU saving tax without revealing my account and personal information to polish jurisdiction. Its possible in countries like Switzerland, Belgium and few others.
I hope I am clear now.