Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 09:23 PM

Default Anyone interested in...

anyone interested in trying to figure a way out to get a 2+2 SNG game goin on Party, empire or whatever skin? Im thinking this could be a helpful tool where we can go play a friendly game with more quality players than the avg SNG. Also after tourney is finished, we can give eachother a little friendly help explaining weak points/plays. I see it as a more hands on extension of the forum. I dont know if there is a way to get priv sngs goin but im sure we can put or heads together and figure somethign out if we have some willing to play. Maybe a reg 100NL game or something also if we can not work out something on SNG's. Anywho, just wanted to see what some of you thought about a concept like this.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Anyone interested in...

A sng completely made of 2+2 would play just a tad different than your average sng filled with random players.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:32 PM

I think this idea is -EV.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this idea is -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, it is possiable for -EV; however a few games a week for "training" or "learning" would do more for your EV over a period of time I believe. The Ideal thing would be just to use the 5$ sng's or somethign with a lower limit. And yes games would play different with strictly 2+2 guys but thats the point getting stronger competition at 1 table. I do not know how much it would change the game from being a "regular" sng with random players and ect; but each player has their own playign style, and that should bring enough "flare" to the game.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:42 PM

you could just play any game that isn't nlhe, since those fill up hella slow on party.

also this would be more likely to have people not play standard adanthar robot style poker.

citanul
Old 07-23-2005, 09:51 PM

We could play different kind of games vs. different 2+2 "groups". Like STT part vs. MTT part or something. The game could be limit or NL cash game. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]