Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 04:37 AM

Default Re: Pros in high limit games on Full Tilt

As said in another post, I'm happy to play a lot of the pros I didn't mention in my previous post, but they are not playing much in the game. The two pros who are sitting there the far majority of the time are Ivey and D'agostino (and Cunningham once in a while, who is also a very good player). These players are IMO still not helping the game.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:44 PM

I didn't specify any particular pros that I would like to play against. I merely stated that there are some out there that make the game worth playing. Also, there are times when the house pros attract others who want to play with them, and this makes for good opportunities. Even if the house pro is a top one, like Ivey, it doesn't matter because the others are just throwing their money away. That's all.

The nice thing about the internet is that there is no effort required to play at various sites. Just log on and check if the game is good. If it's good, play. If not, look somewhere else.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just log on and check if the game is good. If it's good, play. If not, look somewhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's exactly what I'm doing if guys like Ivey sit down. See, you proved my point.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:29 PM

I've witnessed Ivey playing less than optimal in the 1/2 2/4 on FT on a number of occasions. Him playing much lower than he is used to I would believe to make the game better. He even stated that it was hard for him to stay serious in comparison of his "normal" game limits.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:47 PM

Yes, thats how it started. He was playing almost maniacal in the beginning. And I did play him at the time. But I think he lost too much and began taking it seriously. And now I DONT want him at my table anymore ;-)