Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Online poker is still thriving....BIGTIME

Well we have no way of pinpointing any type of accurate number here. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Still, I do think that online poker is experiencing some healthy growth. Do you?
Old 02-20-2005, 04:52 PM

Still, I do think that online poker is experiencing some healthy growth. Do you?

I just had a hard think about this, as there seems to be lively debate about this on a regular basis:

Yes.

I think that some of the "old school" posters have seen bigger explosions than 10% per month, and that is where the "Sky is falling" attitude seems to come from (from people such as myself)

It's a slowdown in growth rather than going backwards that comes from the fact we saw ridiculous growth at the start of the EPT and are now only experiencing very good growth.
Some of the older (in internet poker terms) have witnessed growth so large that we'll never see it again, and I suspect that messes with our (whoever 'our' might be, but I'm one of them) instincts as to how poker is still exploding.

Also 10% of 1,000,000 is bigger than 100% of 50,000 so, again, it may be a misplaced feeling there too.

Edit: WPT of course [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img], I'm english , forgive me.

Lori
Old 02-20-2005, 05:21 PM

i have set up new accounts at empire, multipoker, pokernow, intertops, pacific, and doyles room. in the month of Jan. alone. thats 6 new people
Old 02-20-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guarantee Party has at least 5 times as many registered accounts as 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

i saw an article where they claim to have a million accounts. i don't know if that is true but for sure party has way more than 120,000 registered accts. i'd guess they have 40 times as many at least.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:33 PM

Yes...but of these regsitered accounts how many are actually 'real-money' accounts. And how many have been generally inactive for the past several months by people who gave it a try and got bored of it?

Obviously within their 1-million registered accounts there are a lot of no-shows and play-money players in there.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously within their 1-million registered accounts there are a lot of no-shows and play-money players in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing goes for the registered accounts at 2+2.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As I posted a couple of days back, there are already more people registered at 2+2 than play on Party at prime time.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many of those users are still active, and when is the last time we had 65k users logged on at the same time here at 2+2?

We are still a small fraction of poker base, however, it is possible that the 2+2 community might be growing faster (percentage wise) than some of the larger sites now. I have no idea what the numbers are so I can't say.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:23 PM

How many of those users are still active, and when is the last time we had 65k users logged on at the same time here at 2+2?

Although I take your point, last time I looked (either one or two days ago, it's in a thread somewhere) Party was at about 18500 real money seats at peak, and I think you can give an average of 2 seats per player, which takes it further down to about 10k.

Compare that to the 528 on here right now, and this is several hours short of peak time, and you'll see where I got my 10-15% from.

Lori
Old 02-20-2005, 07:30 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing goes for the registered accounts at 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. We have so many trolls, and gimmick accounts, I'd be surprised if we have more than 7k-8k even semi-regular contributors.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party was at about 18500 real money seats at peak,

[/ QUOTE ]

Lori, where can i find numbers like this? is this a pokerpulse thing? i see 60,000 logged on now and i am curious if that is only for party and how to see how many of them are real money. i don't have any skins installed so i can't even see if the 60,000 includes those. i'm going to finally DL empire tomorrow but i was just curious and can't cross check.

thx