Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Ignored by paradise support...?

Has anyone been in contact with paradise support the last 48 hours?

I have mailed them about 5 times during this period without receiving any response at all. I'm starting to get really pissed off.

"With the fastest email response time in the industry, you can expect answers in 5-10 minutes." Oh yeah!? Up theirs!
Old 02-19-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Ignored by paradise support...?

you should check your spam-box...

or if you use something like AOL or peoplepc it's possible that they aren't even making it that far as those companies (and some others) have had habit of suddenly blocking e-mails from certain online-poker sites before it even gets into your spam box (why they can't just let it go into the spam-box at least if they have some suspicions about it is beyond me).

Paradise support is typically pretty fast (although I don't have any recent experience to be able to tell you if they've suddenly gotten slowed).

You should try to set-up a new e-mail address on yahoo and contact them from there.

I think we may want to consider including this info in the FAQ's...it seems that every 3 days or so there is someone complaining that they aren't receiving responses from such-and-such room...and in many of those occasions they seem to have no idea that the problem COULD (not definite of course...but just COULD) conceiveably be on their end or with their e-mail provider and that the room may be trying their darndest to reply but is not able to.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:46 PM

Since there has been no problems before and since I'm receiving hand history emails I really don't think the problem is on my side. And there is nothing in my spam box.

And to be certain, I sent three emails from three different accounts an hour ago, and haven't received reply to any of them yet.
Old 02-20-2005, 01:20 AM

I finally got a reply from support to my gmail account. So my ISP must have changed something. Gonna have a word with them tomorrow.

But the weird thing is still that the hand histories weren't affected by the change.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:17 PM

i had this problem and found out that the HH's come from a different email server. i thought they were ignoring me but it was my ISP that had them blocked though the HH's were still coming through. they were very helpful in telling me what i needed to do to fix it and they marked my account with notes about having 2 email addys and it being ok.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:23 PM

It can work the other way too...I've had spells where my HH's weren't coming through, but I would still get the promotional announcements about reloads, etc.
Then...a couple months later, I would be getting all the HH's...but all the other stuff was being blocked.

At least it appears gmail doesn't block it at the source and just puts it in your spam-box....and once you tell them 'this isn't spam' it seems to remember that for good (which is different from some other places that will still mark it as spam and never give it to you).

I don't even know what the point of the spam-blocker stuff is...if i see an e-mail I know I don't want I just delete it. No big deal.
I'm much more resentful of NOT getting e-mails that I really want to be getting and not really being able to anything about it.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:10 PM

Yes, sorting it into a spambox is kind of ok, but blocking it altogether is bad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
I like the system my university uses. It marks suspected spam with an extra header and then I can set up outlook to sort mail with that header into my own spambox if I like.